Fairtex "Tight-fit" gloves for larger hands?

UnicornNinjas

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up a new pair of gloves for the bag and pads and I've been eyeing a pair of yellow fairtex. That being said, they're advertised on the website as "tight fit" which is a bit concerning because last year I returned two pairs of gloves because they were way too tight for my palms.

Could anybody who owns these gloves chime in on their general size and fit? For reference my knuckles are ~8.5 inches in circumference but relatively meaty around the thumb/palm area.

Thanks in advance.

It's just what they call the standard BGV1's. Not really that tight by Thai glove standards, actually comparatively wide versus Twins BGVL3 and downright roomy versus Top King's.

Would you care to tell us what gloves were a good size for you and what gloves for too small? Easier to compare and contrast that way.

I have a pair but ill have to do measurments when I get home this evening.

It's just what they call the standard BGV1's. Not really that tight by Thai glove standards, actually comparatively wide versus Twins BGVL3 and downright roomy versus Top King's.

Would you care to tell us what gloves were a good size for you and what gloves for too small? Easier to compare and contrast that way.

I have a pair but ill have to do measurments when I get home this evening.

Thanks for the input guys but don't worry about it, I just found out that they lack a grip bar which is kind of a deal breaker for me. I think I'm going to look into some options from rival or finally buy that pair of reyes I've been thinking about for months now.

Reyesssssssssss dooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiit! :icon_chee

Hey there - i just brought some BGV1 - Classics.

I too was worried about the hand compartment, but more cause i heard they were very loose, but they fit me well and still feel great with a bit of room with some wraps on, i have medium sized hands but i could see a larger hand fitting these even better - they seem wide but compact.

As for the grip bar, its the first pair of gloves ive had without a grip bar - and it doesnt really matter for me, its still easy to make a fist, and the fingertip section of the glove is very "prominent" and allows you to pull a fist very easy.

IMG_20140519_144533.jpg

I have a few pairs of those^^^^ they are great gloves.

BUT,

Those are the standard glove with the retro design, not the tight fit version of the bgv-1.

Thats not what i was told by a Fairtex sales guy, he said that ALL the BGV gloves were of the same dimensions, only difference is the Ltd edition stuff, and the inside compartment does not have fairtex logo-ing.

Thats not what i was told by a Fairtex sales guy, he said that ALL the BGV gloves were of the same dimensions, only difference is the Ltd edition stuff, and the inside compartment does not have fairtex logo-ing.

That's not correct, there is a "tight fit" version. I have some of them.

no grip bar feels weird to me. i have bought two pairs of fairtex gloves because i wanted to love them. but ended up getting rid of both pairs because not having a grip bar was weird to me.

no grip bar feels weird to me. i have bought two pairs of fairtex gloves because i wanted to love them. but ended up getting rid of both pairs because not having a grip bar was weird to me.

I felt the same way but a few members recommended that I try the BGV1-B
which is the breathable edition, its smaller and it has a grip bar, along with mesh on the palm.

I felt the same way but a few members recommended that I try the BGV1-B
which is the breathable edition, its smaller and it has a grip bar, along with mesh on the palm.

Hmmmm...... Very tempting

That's not correct, there is a "tight fit" version. I have some of them.

Seriously?! I was told that the "tight fit" was the standard BGV1 as well. How big a difference do you feel between the tight fit and the standard model? Thanks.

Seriously?! I was told that the "tight fit" was the standard BGV1 as well. How big a difference do you feel between the tight fit and the standard model? Thanks.

Theres a fairly signifigant difference. In the normal gloves, I have some side to side space wven when wrapped up, in the tight fit ones, I dont have that movement. THe tight fit is still less tight than a standard twins or top king.

Heres an example, look at the product description:

http://muaythaimmashop.com/product.php?product_id=59

Thats the exact one I have (notice the tight fit thing) and it is much tighter than

these:

http://muaythaimmashop.com/product.php?product_id=109

Which I also have that same one (but yellow).

I think there was even a review a few months ago by that chick from "breaking muscle"...sally who said she finally found gloves that fit her because she got the BGV tight fit version.

Well I'll be dammed, thanks for the info man!
Also LOL at Nong Toom as the model for the "standard fit" BGV1's!

I just wish I could explain it better than "tighter than a standard bgv-1, but not as tight as twins/topking..."

"tight fit" sums it up pretty well, I can still wear them comfortable, I just have less side to side movement.

When I first got the tight fit gloves I was like "damn, did my other set pack out that fast"....then I found out they were the tight fit version.

Adam does the foam vary at all between the two or is it the exact same

I want to say its the same but let me pull out the tight fits and beat on them for a few weeks and get back to you, it was shortly after I got these that I ended up with so many new pairs....and stuck on the bgv9 like they were going out of style.

Adam how bright is the yellow btw is it mustardy like Reyes...? Or is it bright--sun like?

Back