fairtex thai gloves

greghead

White Belt
Reaction score
is there any difference between the thai training gloves and thai bag gloves besides the thumb? the bag gloves are about half the price so i'm seriously considering those as my first pair of bag gloves.

You want two different pairs. One for sparring and one for Bag work.

i understand that, but what is the difference between the 80 dollar sparring glove, and the 40 dollar bag glove?

The bag glove have more surface area to em and are cheaper to produce. They can take a huge beating as well. In sparring you want a glove thats more traditional. I don't know why they did this per say. I have 3 pairs of gloves. My Bag gloves are 16 along with my sparring. You usually want the heavier gloves until you fight. Both types of gloves will last you. If you're getting Fairtex you cant go wrong. Check with a trainer for the specifics for you. But if you'll be only doing bag work. Then get the bag gloves now. Work on conditioning etc then start sparring. Thats what I did at least.

jus get 1 pair of 16oz, you can use them for all type of work, ive use twins but my bro has fairtex, we paid the same price but fairtex are much better

One thing you gotta watch out for is to make sure the gloves can be used for both sparring and bag work. Bag gloves are harder and tougher so it can take all sorts of punishment but it would hurt like hell for your partners if you spar with them. Sparring gloves are softer so it won't damage your partners as much but they may get worn out quicker if you use them for bag work. Some gloves are designed for either purpose. But I personally wouldn't spar with the same pair I use for bag work. My trainer advises against that as well.

jus get 1 pair of 16oz, you can use them for all type of work, ive use twins but my bro has fairtex, we paid the same price but fairtex are much better

That is a bad idea in my book... if I saw you hitting the bag then come over to spar with me with the same gloves, I wouldn't be too happy.

I'm not using them for both, these will just be bag gloves. My gym has more gloves I can use for sparring. I just want to make sure these are 16oz gloves before I purchase them.

are the thai bag gloves 16oz?

Not even close. Not sure how much they weigh exactly, but mine hit like bricks. They're very small. If you're just using them for bag work, get them. Probably my favorite gloves.

Back