Fairtex Muay Thai Bag Gloves size question.

Hotdog666

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I just recently bought some MED sized Fairtex Special Bag Gloves. But I read on the Fairtex website that the MED gloves are for 150 and below and the L are for 150 and above, im 155-160...

Should I send the gloves back and get the L? Is it that big of a deal? I do have a messed up right wrist. They do fit pretty snug with handwraps on. But ive yet to use them with the fear of messing them up and not being able to get a return. I would imagine that for bag gloves if there just alittle smaller it might not be a huge deal. But im not too sure how true that might be, ive never used bag gloves.

On a side not, being my size I do fall in between alot of clothing sizes, like MT shorts and shin guards. Anyone else the size of 150 - 160.. 5'7ish? Do you go for the larger or smaller size when you fall inbetween?

You're right on the cusp so your actual weight doesn't make a difference. You could lose 10 lbs and your hands would still be the same size. The question is comfort. If the gloves are cutting off your circulation, return them for the Larges, if not, then you're find and should keep them.

So the size of the glove has nothing to do with protection for your hands? Just for comfort level?

I'd stick with those mediums. You said they were a bit snug with handwraps on, but that's generally a good thing as long as it's not too uncomfortably tight, in which case it could cut off your blood circulation as mentioned above.

I personally find that if there's too much room in the hand compartment, it makes the glove less comfortable to wear. And typically, they will break in after you've used them a bit and should lose some of the initial tightness, so a snug fit is fine.

I agree with crossdx, I've used gloves that feel too big and its uncomfortable. I think Fairtex around the wrist runs a little big anyway so I would definitely go with the Mediums. Just my 2 cents

Where did you buy them from? Most places will allow a return even if they are used - as long as they're not all jacked up. Light work just to get a feel shouldn't be an issue at all

Full Contact Outlet

Back