Fairtex Free-Standing Bag

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Lubbockbjj, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Lubbockbjj

Lubbockbjj Blue Belt

After searching this forum, i havent found any reviews on the 6 ft freestanding "maxi bag" from Fairtex. i'm just learning how to strike, so i'm not going to be hitting it very hard for awhile, but i'd like anyones comments on it. i dont really have a place to hang a heavy bag and have heard mixed reviews about frames. thanks

2. dboy420

dboy420 Yellow Belt

They do not look so good. The ad said the base was made of a weighted foam. It looks made for a cardio box type workout rather than heavy bag use. pPLus for 384+ there are better options.

3. Bobby Jacobsen

Bobby Jacobsen Amateur Fighter

I have had a free standing bag before and although it wasn't a name brand quality is not the issue. Free standing bags suck ass. Find something else. Either get a partner and have them hold thai pads or get a frame set up.

4. dboy420

dboy420 Yellow Belt

If you do opt for a feestanding bag a wavemaster is less tha $100, While no the best it has suited me well for about 5 years of average use (20-30 RDS a week) , I will be upgrading soon to The Ringside Freestanding bag as I have no where to hang a heavy bag and no partners who want to Kick the pads.

5. Lubbockbjj

Lubbockbjj Blue Belt

i think i'll just find a place to hang a heavy bag. that way i can also take it down to practice ground striking as well

6. stu3ufc**

stu3ufc** Yoshihiro Akiyama

thats what I do. free standing fall over if you just look at them -sometime -y'know

7. anvar

anvar Guest

You know those bags are ment to be mounted into the ground using a 6ft long thick pipe....

8. VoLTesV

VoLTesV Green Belt

they're pretty decent...if you're looking for doing more light hitting on the bag.
    they're great for push/teep kicks though. if you're doing em against a wall they bounce right back up no matter how close to the ground it gets...hehe!