Fairtex for sparring

A-Lexasoarus

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am looking for a new pair of sparring gloves I currently have 16oz Windy Training Gloves they are synthetic leather and are getting a bit warn after a year of use

they say that they are good for everything. They should come in 16oz. and those would be good for sparring or bag work. As long as you don't do both with the same pair.

they say that they are good for everything. They should come in 16oz. and those would be good for sparring or bag work. As long as you don't do both with the same pair.

thanks, i will probably retire my cheap windys to bag work... right now i use my gyms bag gloves when i hit the heavy bag.

A bit of a noob to training. Why would you want to use a separate pair of gloves for bag work?

Heavy bag work can over time end up compressing the padding. Your sparring partner would get hit by a harder glove.

A bit of a noob to training. Why would you want to use a separate pair of gloves for bag work?

When you hit a heavy bag you compress the padding which makes it harder and thus more painful for your sparring partner. Also hitting the heavy bag can crack the leather (usually on cheaper gloves) or make sharp edges that can easily cut your sparring partner.

If I saw you hitting a heavy bag and then come str8 over with the same gloves to spar with me I would switch my sparring gloves for MMA gloves so I could kick your ass.

When you hit a heavy bag you compress the padding which makes it harder and thus more painful for your sparring partner. Also hitting the heavy bag can crack the leather (usually on cheaper gloves) or make sharp edges that can easily cut your sparring partner.

If I saw you hitting a heavy bag and then come str8 over with the same gloves to spar with me I would switch my sparring gloves for MMA gloves so I could kick your ass.

LOL

Makes sense. Thanks for the info guys.

I would recommend fairtex gloves! i have a pair for 8 years now! They are still in great condition! I also have thai pads, low kick pad , focus mitts from them for 8 years now! All in great shape still. Although a bit pricey, the quality is top notch!!! Most of the products are hand crafted in Thailand and are made to withstand grueling hours of muaythai training and sparring!

hope that helps!!!

I would recommend fairtex gloves! i have a pair for 8 years now! They are still in great condition! I also have thai pads, low kick pad , focus mitts from them for 8 years now! All in great shape still. Although a bit pricey, the quality is top notch!!! Most of the products are hand crafted in Thailand and are made to withstand grueling hours of muaythai training and sparring!

hope that helps!!!

thanks i will probably buy some 160z fairtex gloves soon.

I have those exact gloves in 14oz. Get them from Combatsports as they actually have them in stock.

They are awesome! I use 'em for everything and they get better with each day they get worn in more and more.
Fairtex really is the shit.

To those who have these in 18oz... are they still as compact as the 16oz Fairtex training gloves (BGV1)? Fighstuff, or anyone else, can you do a comparison?

I've tried on the 16oz gloves, and I really love the fit, but for sparring I'm looking at getting 18oz.

Back