Fairtex BGV1 Quality..

FaceEraser

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I've always head great things about Fairtex. Just got my 12oz BGV1s, and they feel great, but the leather on the inside of the thumb seems extremely thin and is already tearing. Is this normal or is it something that's going to get worse? The palm of the glove in general seems like it's made out of really thin leather. Nothing like my Boon or old Hayabusas.

Think you might want to send them back and get them replaced from as I've got a pair and they are really nice leather all over, sounds like you might just have a bad pair

A couple of years ago I bought 12 oz BGV1's that were being labeled as "super bag gloves." Over time the "leather" in the thumb and palm peeled off, and all that's left on it is this canvas material. Turns out that the thumb and palm were just made with poorly done synthetic leather; I have no idea why Fairtex would even do this. Where did you buy your gloves from?

A couple of years ago I bought 12 oz BGV1's that were being labeled as "super bag gloves." Over time the "leather" in the thumb and palm peeled off, and all that's left on it is this canvas material. Turns out that the thumb and palm were just made with poorly done synthetic leather; I have no idea why Fairtex would even do this. Where did you buy your gloves from?

Those gloves that you bought were probably HGB9's rather than BGV1's.

HGB9's were Fairtex's super bag gloves. They look exactly like the BGV1's from what I can tell. And yes, they do have synthetic leather on the palm side, but if I'm not mistaken, true BGV1's have real leather on the palm side.

Those gloves that you bought were probably HGB9's rather than BGV1's.

HGB9's were Fairtex's super bag gloves. They look exactly like the BGV1's from what I can tell. And yes, they do have synthetic leather on the palm side, but if I'm not mistaken, true BGV1's have real leather on the palm side.

The HGB9 label is just a marketing ploy. It's still a BGV1, just made with crappy synthetic leather; CSI/Ringside probably made a special order for these. If you look at the Thai distributors, the "HBG9" doesn't even exist. In fact, there is no Thai brand that makes an actual "super bag glove" at all, it's just labeled as so by distributors such as CSI.

Yep. Sounds like what I got. Unfortunately I bought them off a guy on ebay. It was an impulse buy. Saw them for $55, emailed him to ask about them and he used them twice before deciding they were too small for him. It still came in the bag that had a BGV1 label on it but I guess that really doesn't count for much. I'm stuck with them, hopefully they'll hold up for at least a couple months on the pads & bag.

Back