Fairtex BGV-1 Fairtex as amateur fight gloves

Nick Patient

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone and thank you for any responses. I am wondering if the BGV-1s are good gloves for an amateur muay thai fight. Some back ground information is that I have trained for over a year now and I will be fighting soon in a Sub-18 muay thai amateur fight and I would like to buy a new and better pair of gloves for it. So my question is are the BGV-1's just for training and sparring or are they good for a amature fight?

Nick

Hi everyone and thank you for any responses. I am wondering if the BGV-1s are good gloves for an amateur muay thai fight. Some back ground information is that I have trained for over a year now and I will be fighting soon in a Sub-18 muay thai amateur fight and I would like to buy a new and better pair of gloves for it. So my question is are the BGV-1's just for training and sparring or are they good for a amature fight?

Nick

No, at a smoker a few months ago they made everyone was them and most people complained. Ask the organization if there are any rules for the gloves and we can help you out from there.

Thats what I use, thats what everybody at my gym uses. Ive never had an issue with them.

If you like the way they fit you, they should be fine.

Back