• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fact check: left-wing violence

JonnyRingo84

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
i know the wr loves the "fact check" moniker <45>

"The far left is very active in the United States, but it hasn't been particularly violent for some time," says Mark Pitcavage, a senior research fellow at the Anti-Defamation League's Center on Extremism.

He says the numbers between the groups don't compare.

"In the past 10 years when you look at murders committed by domestic extremists in the United States of all types, right-wing extremists are responsible for about 74 percent of those murders," Pitcavage says.

You have to go back to the 1970s to find the last big cycle of far-left extremism in the U.S. Both Pitcavage and McNabb say we have been in a predominantly far-right extremist cycle since the 1990s — the abortion clinic bombings and Oklahoma City, for example. And, more recently, racially motivated attacks such as the one at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin, the mass shooting at a black church in Charleston, S.C., and last month's stabbings on a commuter train in Portland.

my personal opinion is that almost everyone in the wr, and most people in general, have a REAL problem with outgroup homogeneity. we allow a very small percentage of people in the opposition to define the entire opposition. (e.g. right wing are racists/xenophobes ; left are violent "marxists") Everyone who cannot check that tendency in their own opinions, is a part of the problem.

it does look as though the left will start to counteract some of those right-heavy stats mentioned above. many on the left feel shut out of the political process atm, and the more radical factions within the left will start to do stupid shit.

Don't know if the far-left is violent or if they're snowflakes....funny how when the alt-right gets violent they're BASED

Inb4 "teh left is a violent mental disease derp"

my personal opinion is that almost everyone in the wr, and most people in general, have a REAL problem with outgroup homogeneity. we allow a very small percentage of people in the opposition to define the entire opposition. (e.g. right wing are racists/xenophobes ; left are violent "marxists") Everyone who cannot check that tendency in their own opinions, is a part of the problem.

it does look as though the left will start to counteract some of those right-heavy stats mentioned above. many on the left feel shut out of the political process atm, and the more radical factions within the left will start to do stupid shit.

I think the level of propagating in the left wing media and the illegal leaks by the IC to undermine the President are what make this effort to "resist" different from anything we have seen before.

I think the level of propagating in the left wing media and the illegal leaks by the IC to undermine the President are what make this effort to "resist" different from anything we have seen before.

idk. the south "resisted" quite forcefully when lincoln was elected.

idk. the south "resisted" quite forcefully when lincoln was elected.

Yes. We haven't reached that level of division yet, but government officials picked a side in the civil war. They didn't take down the federal government covertly from within. That makes the circumstances different from what we have seen in the past.

The right is really coming around to postmodernism, corporate speech chilling, public disturbance, etc. Violence is just around the corner.

The violent follow an ideology of violence imo. My first perception of these primitives is theyre violent, not theyre left, or theyre right.

Far-left...snowflakes...alt-right...

I think the biggest problem is that we label real violence, with internet quips. Does anyone even feel the real gravity of what happened a few days ago? Doubt it. Just some crazy Libtard doing Libtard stuff, right?. Just another day on the internet for outsiders, who aren't immediately affected. Some assholes justify it for political reasons. while some others denounce it...on message boards.

Don't know what the solution is, but this right here(internet indifference) is the real problem.

Leftism is a violent mental disease.

So is creationism but I don't see you putting down the crack pipe, ya jesus freak. Put down your sticky buds you are smoking out of can watching old mr plow commericials and you might pass college rightist scum.

stay on target, red leader checking in.

The violent follow an ideology of violence imo. My first perception of these primitives is theyre violent, not theyre left, or theyre right.

this is a quality post, and i agree. each larger ideology has proven that they have a faction, or many, within them that are capable of violence. the vast majority of us on either side though, are not.

Lefties are only violent when they're with a large group. By themselves they're weak ass pussies.

Far-left...snowflakes...alt-right...

I think the biggest problem is that we label real violence, with internet quips. Does anyone even feel the real gravity of what happened a few days ago? Doubt it. Just some crazy Libtard doing Libtard stuff, right?. Just another day on the internet for outsiders, who aren't immediately affected. Some assholes justify it for political reasons. while some others denounce it...on message boards.

Don't know what the solution is, but this right here(internet indifference) is the real problem.

what?

i think the problem is cnn, msnbc, fox, and breitbart. they convince people that the other side are all the same, all F'ing crazy, wrong, evil, and incompetent. if thats how you feel about them, violence might be justified eh?

I would say the far-left has most certainly been emboldened in recent years, compared to the past several decades when "righteous violence" in the name of social justice wasn't quite so normalized.

So far this has only resulted in violent protests and random muggings, but it's easy to vision a further escalation to the violence, if this phenomenon continues to receive systematic support in its favour.

But for real that's why we should take everyone's guns, so leftist can't be crazy. That's the only way to preserve our freedoms and stop this leftist violence. We need to take guns away so they don't shoot republican senators

(oh the irony)

Lefties are only violent when they're with a large group. By themselves they're weak ass pussies.

62b18cdefe9a0f8cc322221d520a1483e8b25372facf25fa1212ffcc2c5bf3f6.jpg

thanks for your contribution.

I would say the far-left has most certainly been emboldened in recent years, compared to the past several decades when "righteous violence" in the name of social justice wasn't quite so normalized.

So far this has only resulted in violent protests and random muggings, but it's easy to vision a further escalation to the violence, if this phenomenon continues to receive systematic support in its favour.

right.

id argue that its not that the left are emboldened, but rather many feel desperate. they think trump is literally hitler. shut out of congress. supreme court swayed soon if not already.

But for real that's why we should take everyone's guns, so leftist can't be crazy. That's the only way to preserve our freedoms and stop this leftist violence. We need to take guns away so they don't shoot republican senators

(oh the irony)

what?

did you read the yellow part of my post? the part about outgroup homogeneity and how we tend to assume we know everyone in the opposition? i like guns, and own several.

Back