F35 vs A10

daryldeal

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
F-35 Lightning II

VS

A-10 Warthog / Thunderbolt II

Who would you rather have supporting you in the field and fighting current and future conflicts..

Thoughts pls..

F-35 Lightning II

VS

A-10 Warthog / Thunderbolt II

Who would you rather have supporting you in the field and fighting current and future conflicts..

Thoughts pls..

Neither - gimme a B1 Lancer full to the gills with JDAMs of various kinds and have it stay on station all damn day :p

In all seriousness it depends on the opposition. If it's a reasonably modern opponent (Russia, China, Iran) then a Block 4 F35 is the way to go (iffy as to whether the A10 would survive).

If it's against more ragtag guerilla types (ISIS/Taliban) then the Hog is more fun (brrt etc).

Last edited:
The F-35 just reached IOC recently so it's obviously not a proven platform, nor is it designed for close air support, if that's what you mean by "in the field ".
Since the Army wanted to take over flying the A-10 when the Air Force wanted to retire it, that should tell you everything. Brraaap.

Neither - gimme a B1 Lancer full to the gills with JDAMs of various kinds and have it stay on station all damn day :p

In all seriousness it depends on the opposition. If it's a reasonably modern opponent (Russia, China, Iran) then a Block 4 F35 is the way to go (iffy as to whether the A10 would survive).

If it's against more ragtag guerilla types (ISIS/Taliban) then the Hog is more fun (brrt etc).
All hail the brrrt.

56c.jpg

Cyborg will accept your man card if you voted F35
tumblr_nbe76z2f8c1sqc6kuo1_400.gif
a10-thunderbolt-o.gif
a10-military-plane-1.gif
ljnlmxk.gif
189652.gif
tmiemwrbyxcul5jkqecn.jpg
35fe2e1433fb6e917d53e2fe93151739.jpg
hrihs8.jpg

I have friend that was a grunt in Afghanistan. Every time they called one in the Taliban was cease their attack after the first strafing run. There could be multiple positions firing on them and they would all stop. It was a collective "fuck this I'am out."

Last edited:
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

A10

Why?

Because our lives depend on it.

A10. Shit stopped in our AO when they came on station. They wrecked shop when I was over there.

How about an AC130 overhead vs a F35?

A10 still. A35 is a pipe dream to me.

I like to have direct conversations with pilots.

I do not deny that the 130 platform brings more firepower. I argue that hearing an A10 come on station immediately inspires confidence knowing the enemy hears it too.

But guys they said F35 is high tech..

It is. Vastly moreso than the A10. That's why you'd prefer one to be backing you up if you had to fight another modern military. ISIS types though? A10 is probably a fair bit cheaper to run and fun to watch.

Back