Exercise Bike Reccomendation

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Nameless Ghoul, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Nameless Ghoul Black Belt

Gyms here are still closed, I saw a shirtless side profile of myself this morning, and I've turned into a Covid fatass (Going from a physically active profession, to a desk job hasn't helped either). With winter coming soon as well, I decided to throw down and buy an exercise bike to go with the old weight set I have. I need a recommendation though, I'm not going Peloton, and on Amazon there are a ton of them between $200-$500, yet aside from "seat comfort", the vast majority of them are rated the same, and even share the same pros and cons.

2. DoctorTaco Breadhead

Get an assault bike from rogue

3. Eric O Amateur Fighter

Rogue Fitness Airdyne for $700 is your best bet. I've had a bunch of diff machines over the years and this is probably the only one that I've been 100% happy with.

4. Atrain3161987 White Belt

Buy yourself a regular bike and go with something like a kurt kinetic

5. ericPorkChop Orange Belt

I had the Marcy AIR-1 upright fan bike. It was really nice for around $350 on amazon. I've ridden actual Assault bikes and i preferred the Marcy. I only got rid of it because I sit all day for work and I couldn't take sitting anymore to work out. I sold it to a friend and got an elliptical.

6. HollaBack White Belt

Na bro get a stepper

7. updowniri Blue Belt

I have a theory that cardio machines that use wind resistance are the superior. So definitely a bike with a fan.

8. [email protected]_Seabass Blue Belt

Recently bought a Rogue Echo and that thing is a tank ! The wife and I really like it.

ericPorkChop and RDL81 like this.
  9. ericPorkChop Orange Belt

That's a nice bike! My physical therapist had one like that.

My pro-form elliptical came in yesterday and I assembled it last night. It was kind of broken out of the box, I fixed it as well as I could, and it doesn't seem like it'll affect performance. The thing is a 300lb beast. Tried it out for 5 minutes today. Still getting used to it, but I can see myself putting a lot of hours into it. Much better than the old cheap one I used to have until about 5 years ago. Waiting on some tennis racket tape for the handles so I can put the finishing touches on it.