Excitement after grappling

There’s a time for it but not all the time, not for me anyways. When I’m feeling creative trying new transitions, hell yeah. Usually during open mat.

During a regular class (tough warm ups, 30 -45 minutes of technique, and hard rounds)? No thanks.

I need Grappling training for my son but unable to get real trainer in Delhi, would you suggest anyone worth !

Even after all these years I can still get this high that you are referring too. Although I have to admit I thought this thread was about grappling and smoking the devils lettuce.

The high you are referring to is just your adrenalin pumping. Even after all my years on the mats I still get a good rush of adrenalin if I get a competitive roll with the more advanced members of my gym, and I definitely still get it when I go to other gyms or other gyms come to our school.

Its never as strong a rush as being in a real match or fight, but it still flows when you are met with something new or with some new intensity.

Even after all these years I can still get this high that you are referring too. Although I have to admit I thought this thread was about grappling and smoking the devils lettuce.

The high you are referring to is just your adrenalin pumping. Even after all my years on the mats I still get a good rush of adrenalin if I get a competitive roll with the more advanced members of my gym, and I definitely still get it when I go to other gyms or other gyms come to our school.

Its never as strong a rush as being in a real match or fight, but it still flows when you are met with something new or with some new intensity.

Yeah, I totally missed the OP. Just read the title.

The adrenaline rush from after combat, even if just simulated, seems to be in a man’s DNA. I remember being a kid and getting thise adrenaline highs before, during, and after getting in fights. Human nature.

I agree with the adrenaline, hormones, neurotransmitters, etc...

But for me, sometimes I get that rush and can't stop thinking about it hours later because grappling is very technical.

Grappling is so technical and there are literally endless possibilities and countless choices you can make, so many variations to certain techniques and no 2 rolls are ever the same. Each movement and action creates a reaction in the opponent such as adjustment in balance, posture, weight distribution, and will decide the opponent's next move.

Sometimes I can't stop visualizing a certain technique and the subsequent reactions from that position.

Just as much as the adrenaline, it is the intricacies of the details of the maneuvers that keep me excited hours later.

Tldr: technique, not just adrenaline, keeps the high going

I agree that there is something about fighting or simulating it in a grappling scenario that seems to ignite some kind of primal instinct for me. It's one of the oldest sports in the world and to survive a good training session while gaining experience from the struggle really pumps me up. Makes you appreciate good training partners that can put you in those bad positions but not injure you.

I edited the title to clear up the confusion it was causing.

Same here. After a good grappling class I'll stay up to like 4:00 in the morning. Thankful for Netflix at that point.

I felt the same way when I first started BJJ. Unbelievable rush.

Back