Excellent Article On Tropical Oils

MikeMartial

Black Belt
Reaction score
Probably one of the finest articles I've read on the benefits of tropical oils, via Mark's Daily Apple guest poster Scott Kustes of The Modern Forager:

The Tropical Oils

I especially like the quote from Lenin:

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth"

Very pertinent to the perception of fat in relation to healthy nutrition.

Nice article. So, is this applicable to licking suntan oil off of women at the beach?

Nice article. So, is this applicable to licking suntan oil off of women at the beach?

Only if she's covered in virgin coconut oil. And chances are, if she's covered in coconut oil on a beach, there's nothing virgin about it. But still highly worth it.

Only if she's covered in virgin coconut oil. And chances are, if she's covered in coconut oil on a beach, there's nothing virgin about it. But still highly worth it.

Agreed. In those situations I am rarely thinking about my saturated fat intake. :icon_twis

Quality article, I keep meaning to read more of MDA, but never get around to it.

Agreed. In those situations I am rarely thinking about my saturated fat intake. :icon_twis

"Excuse me, but do you know the daily % of saturated fat in your sun tan lotion?"

"Oh, so sorry that will put me over my daily limit i cant lick it off your firm, tanned.... "

Lol you get the point :icon_lol:

I was getting virgin coconut oil for about a dollar per 500mls, made in front of my eyes - medium chain fatty acids never tasted so good.

MSN hired some goon for a fitness blog and one of his first acts was to condemn coconut oil as one of the top ten most dangerous foods; death to false experts.

I was getting virgin coconut oil for about a dollar per 500mls, made in front of my eyes - medium chain fatty acids never tasted so good.

wow nice... do you live in Fiji or something?

I've been tossing a hefty Tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil in my veggie/fruit/protein smoothies. It is quite delicious.

Back