Media Ex UFC Fighter Corey Anderson Claims Pay "Wasn't enough to pay the bills"

500k over the course of 5 years as a top 10 fighter? I don't know where he lived but that's barely more than my salary was at Amazon as a floor manager in a warehouse. Could you imagine being a contender in the number 1 promotion in the world and you just qualify for the average in America?
Why does he deserve more money than you?

500K in five years is not that much for a family, especially if you live in a place like NY or CA. I can see why he’d need to have a side job.
I see you're horrible with money too lol

He’s right you know.

25/8
<8>
That's was a long time ago.

I hear he is only beasting a few hours a day on weekdays currently. And on Wednesdays he doesn't beast at all because he has to drive his daughter to dance class.

I see you're horrible with money too lol
Or you don’t understand cost of living. In order to have a “normal” and comfortable lifestyle in a popular city in America where you own a home, two cars, have kids, save for retirement, and still be able to take a vacation or go to a sporting event here and there you pretty much need to make AT LEAST $150k combined income per year unless you want to live beyond your means (which a lot of people still do). In places like CA or NY, it’s more like 200 or 250k. Sure, you can make less and live in an apartment and go paycheck to paycheck, but who wants that? You could move to a more affordable city but that often means leaving family and friends behind, also not desirable. Corey is just trying to provide a good living for his family, like any man should, and he deserves to be well compensated for putting his health on the line by stepping in a cage with absolute killers.

Would he have been signed by Bellator and gotten big fights there if he hadn't been in the UFC first, though?

He worded it wrong, because I will not feel sorry for someone who tells me you can't pay bills while making a million dollars over a few years. Now had he said he should get more of the pie, or UFC fighters are under paid sure, but don't say you are barely scraping by when you are not.

I agree he should have made more, but don't come at people like you are living in poverty and expect me to feel bad for you when you made over a million.

Agreed. If it was 1 million over 5 years and 50% for taxes, that leaves him 100k a year to pay bills. If he can't do that, he needs to decrease his spending. Only in places like NYC and SF is 100k a year not enough to get by on for a family of 4. Most people make 45k a year.

Agreed. If it was 1 million over 5 years and 50% for taxes, that leaves him 100k a year to pay bills. If he can't do that, he needs to decrease his spending. Only in places like NYC and SF is 100k a year not enough to get by on for a family of 4. Most people make 45k a year.

Do most people fight in THE UFC?

No one should barely get by in life while fighting in THE UFC!

Tf kinda bills you got that you and your wife both need jobs while making $100k per fight?

What Corey of course leaves out is that he was fighting 1x a year from 2018-2020 which is why he needed another job to pay his bills "between fights".

He magically didn't need a second job earlier in his career while making less when he was fighting 2-3x a year.

Weird huh. It's almost like you get paid per fight or something.

Do most people fight in THE UFC?

No one should barely get by in life while fighting in THE UFC!
He was champion? Because only champion and exchampions got more money.
And not THE UFC, its only UFC, very niche sport ( not event real sport)
He want more, he should go to collegue :)
They,re not paying very well for beating other people (only best of the bests get really good money)

That's a different topic. Anderson is claiming poverty at a 100k a year rate which is nonsense.
Tf kinda bills you got that you and your wife both need jobs while making $100k per fight?
Its much closer to half that, but ok

What Corey of course leaves out is that he was fighting 1x a year from 2018-2020 which is why he needed another job to pay his bills "between fights".

He magically didn't need a second job earlier in his career while making less when he was fighting 2-3x a year.

Weird huh. It's almost like you get paid per fight or something.
He fought 3 times in 2018 and twice in 2020 while switching promotions between those 2 fights. The fuck are you talking about?

I know you have had your share of problems with single digit mathematics, but you just keep embarrassing yourself

Last edited:
Or you don’t understand cost of living. In order to have a “normal” and comfortable lifestyle in a popular city in America where you own a home, two cars, have kids, save for retirement, and still be able to take a vacation or go to a sporting event here and there you pretty much need to make AT LEAST $150k combined income per year unless you want to live beyond your means (which a lot of people still do). In places like CA or NY, it’s more like 200 or 250k. Sure, you can make less and live in an apartment and go paycheck to paycheck, but who wants that? You could move to a more affordable city but that often means leaving family and friends behind, also not desirable. Corey is just trying to provide a good living for his family, like any man should, and he deserves to be well compensated for putting his health on the line by stepping in a cage with absolute killers.

So I was right lol

When you want that Anderson Silva money but only get that Anderson money

If you think the UFC is the equivalent to the NFL you're a mark lol.

In American Football, you don't make the team usually because you're not good enough. Sometimes domestic issues happen but for the most part, it's in NFL's teams interest to make the best roster possible because the team is the brand, and the team needs to be good.

The gap in both talent and pay between the NFL and XFL is astronomically higher than the UFC and Bellator/PFL. The fact that Joe Rogan said that, either means he is an idiot or he is just being bias toward his company.

The only thing that is accurate in the comparison is brand recognition, which isn't even that relevant to fighters because they can't even get the sponsors they want in the UFC lmao. It's like what? If viewership is a selling point then let fighters get competitive sponsors.

Without a valid way to properly monotonize viewership for fighters, why the fuck would anyone bring that up?

Back