Evolution of MMA Techniques

Trillz

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score

Whats your favourite technique evolution? what other technique evolutions do you think is effective? What other technique evolution will be created or modified?

GnP definitly evoked to where it's almost an entire skillset of its own, no longer is just staying on top and pounding away a legit technique, its alot more intricate now.

Fighting off the fence and cage walking also developed over the years to being something different. I don't think people forsaw it would become a method but it did.

GnP definitly evoked to where it's almost an entire skillset of its own, no longer is just staying on top and pounding away a legit technique, its alot more intricate now.

Fighting off the fence and cage walking also developed over the years to being something different. I don't think people forsaw it would become a method but it did.
ed Herman smoked his last opponent while his back was against the cage for the majority of the fight. He defended the TD and rained down hell with dirty boxing, knees and elbows. It was masterful.

I love/hate calf kicks. It’s a fantastic strike and a game changer. The hate comes from
Being coach and having to figure out how to hold it as a pad holder, and how to game plan against it. It’s fuckin obnoxious.

A lot of traditional karate moves are being used usually several fights during each event. One in particular I been seeing a lot more is the upward elbow strike from 12 to 6.

I’ve seen front kicks being used as a throw-away strike to keep distance.

Jabbing has most definitely improved as well.

[media delted]

Whats your favourite technique evolution? what other technique evolutions do you think is effective? What other technique evolution will be created or modified?
You mean MMA is discovering martial arts which techniques have existed for many centuries?<Kpop775>

<Dany07>

A lot of traditional karate moves are being used usually several fights during each event. One in particular I been seeing a lot more is the upward elbow strike from 12 to 6.
Similar to the boxing uppercut. <Ellaria01> There's a move no one would of thought of (ini MMA, that is).

the cage flip flopped when i started the gameplans were to take guys down at the cage t work gnp to get easy finishes but then the wall walk became universal and it stopped that now guys wana take you of the cage

tdd has changed i feel the most and guys wrestling kinda stalled which is why we dont see many fights on the ground anymore

ed Herman smoked his last opponent while his back was against the cage for the majority of the fight. He defended the TD and rained down hell with dirty boxing, knees and elbows. It was masterful.

I love/hate calf kicks. It’s a fantastic strike and a game changer. The hate comes from
Being coach and having to figure out how to hold it as a pad holder, and how to game plan against it. It’s fuckin obnoxious.
wrestle lol if someone has good calf kicks im gonna train extensively to time it in gym and blast as i see it but depends on guys skill set

You mean MMA is discovering martial arts which techniques have existed for many centuries?
This is about the only time I'll agree with you Stany 'the' Many.

I'm old enough to remember Joe Rogan who on one hand claims he's the TKD grand champ of an event that doesn't exist back in the state I use to compete in, but couldn't commentate on Yair Rodriguez fights with any kind of TKD IQ. I'm sure he's paid to only promote the allowed styles, but that's way too far.

I'm sure everyone knows, but it's worth repeating. Competition sport fighting was only a way to build aggressiveness and conditioning in combat training you couldn't do without maiming your solders. Competition isn't a substitute for H2H, it's a way to narrow the allowed tactics to eliminate whole lists of ambush or surprise technique.

The training point of this "sparring" is training for all out aggression immediately. That's the point of competition, that's why there was the development of it. That's why sport competition can limit it's scope like MMA but think it's "effective" when there are hundreds of techniques that can be incorporated from established arts that developed from the foundation of this example of all out aggression combat training.

wrestle lol if someone has good calf kicks im gonna train extensively to time it in gym and blast as i see it but depends on guys skill set
the range is far enough out that taking a shot is risky. Right now I’m working with guys and having them check it loosely. Pick the leg up and let the kick hit and pass by, then step in with a counter

the range is far enough out that taking a shot is risky. Right now I’m working with guys and having them check it loosely. Pick the leg up and let the kick hit and pass by, then step in with a counter
yeh thats why i said depend son guys skills /athletic ability if not very explosive then isnt best thing

This is about the only time I'll agree with you Stany 'the' Many.
I'm in shock.

I'm old enough to remember Joe Rogan who on one hand claims he's the TKD grand champ of an event that doesn't exist back in the state I use to compete in, but couldn't commentate on Yair Rodriguez fights with any kind of TKD IQ. I'm sure he's paid to only promote the allowed styles, but that's way too far.
Yep, a paid promoter, and a very good to excellent one @ that.

I'm sure everyone knows, but it's worth repeating. Competition sport fighting was only a way to build aggressiveness and conditioning in combat training you couldn't do without maiming your solders.
Traditional martial arts recognized this from it's start, also many centuries ago. Not that common sense wouldn't tell one the same.
tion isn't a substitute for H2H, it's a way to narrow the allowed tactics to eliminate whole lists of ambush or surprise technique.
Experience makes the best teacher, defining experience covers a lot of ground however. As far as the absolute correctness of your theory... it only holds water for the unthinking. And that's a lot of people... most people in martial arts. There's no better forum that MMA with it's H2H training that disproves what you say. I just watched a fight on the EFC is it? the other day where 2 competitors just physically pummeled each other for 3 rounds.. with a semblance of martial skill seen here and there. What a sorry mess.

The training point of this "sparring" is training for all out aggression immediately. That's the point of competition, that's why there was the development of it. That's why sport competition can limit it's scope like MMA but think it's "effective" when there are hundreds of techniques that can be incorporated from established arts that developed from the foundation of this example of all out aggression combat training.
It's not just a matter of technique. But it starts there where people go into MMA, see something work by someone else... and ceremoniously arrive at WALLLAAA!! real martial arts. The thought process is so dumb is defies adult functioning. Ngannou's opponent's, competing @ the {quote} highest levels {quote} of the UFC have absolutely no idea of how to stand up to a big strong brute. That's about as much evolution as the troglodytes.....

<{1-1}>Yeah, the guy taking the beating doesn't know what to do. WALLAHH!!!

You're welcome Stylist....oops I mean Stany the Many!
iu

who cares about techninque when some genetically superior guy will beat you without technique anyway?

2B8AoVQ.gif

who cares about techninque when some genetically superior guy will beat you without technique anyway?

Homie wouldn't be dead if he'd learned how to side step and pivot out instead of backing towards the fence in a straight line.

Homie wouldn't be dead if he'd learned how to side step and pivot out instead of backing towards the fence in a straight line.

I know im just trolling

Mainly i have been searching for an excuse to post that gif

Back