Evolucao Thai Toronto BJJ

I completely agree that one should be careful in discussing such matters; however, the exact nature of the charges against Mr. Vieira is presumably a matter of public record.

Incidentally, since you were forthright in disclosing your identity, I watched some of your grappling matches. You are a very skilled grappler -- my compliments.

Thanks. I sure do love doing it.

I also assume that the charges are a matter of public record. The victim has requested that any details be kept private for now, so I would like to respectfully request on her behalf that if you learn the details, you don't post them on forums or social media.

Thanks. I sure do love doing it.

I also assume that the charges are a matter of public record. The victim has requested that any details be kept private for now, so I would like to respectfully request on her behalf that if you learn the details, you don't post them on forums or social media.

It's a polite request that I'm happy to observe. Other people might not; unfortunately for her, she can only request it, not demand it.

Last edited:
I don't see what Camo1 did wrong, I'm glad he came on here and let us know what happened instead of you guys hoping to hide this

I don't see what Camo1 did wrong, I'm glad he came on here and let us know what happened instead of you guys hoping to hide this

135329226_conspiracy_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Nobody tried to hide anything.
It was handled well by Evolucao and those involved. What else do they need to do to make you happy? Perhaps a press release?

Yes because I have never posted before I am not to be trusted.

I don't spend my time in forums.
I joined because I could not find any info regarding the situation and and anything to do with him has been removed from the website.

People talk when a world champion bjj coach who is the jewel of the academy suddenly disappears.

I will tell you what I heard.
He turned himself in to face charges regarding a violent assault of a women he was sexually involved with.
Apparently she has it on videotape
I heard that after the assault took place there was sexual activity that was unwanted by the female party.

Correct me if I am wrong
If I am I will gladly apologize.

The only reason I even went out of my way to do this is because no one from the academy felt it prudent to explain why he was suddenly missing.

Its not up to them to decide when to discuss it.
The only thing and the right thing to do would have been to address the situation the day he was locked up.

If my facebook youtube etc is peppered with Evolucao thai ads promoting this guy day in and day out it is a public matter that requires immediate transparency.

So you dont spend time on forums but you coincidentally only have posted on the topic of Evolucao Thai? Interesting. So you just created this account to "do this is because no one from the academy felt it prudent to explain why he was suddenly missing?" Why do you care that he is missing from the website? Were you looking to train there?

Since Jorge Britto name was brought up, lets use him as an example. Lets say he left Toronto BJJ to go back to Brazil because he just wanted to move back there. Then he was taken off from the Toronto BJJ website, would the owners just come out on Sherdog or publicly and say, hey he went home. Probably not, if something that basic wouldnt be broadcasted. This situation, as a triangegrrl said, is a legal matter now. Its not something where the owners can just easily comment on since, from what I understand from reading this thread, something that didnt happen at the academy. It was a personal issue with Fernando and the lady involved.

So from the perspective of the owners/management of Evolucao Thai. I think they handled it correctly. If Phil Kessel did the same thing away from the rink, he prob get suspended or kicked off the team. So how is that any different from what Evolucao Thai did?

Also, dont get me wrong and as I mentioned, I dont know what happened here. But these are serious charges. I hope that they victim is recovering and doing better.

Hes not wrong for letting people know what has happened. But this definitely seems more like an attack on the academy she trained at as opposed to the victim herself. If he/she cares about letting people know so this doesnt happen again, then fine. But the fact is Fernando is no longer teaching there, and apparently is in custody. So it sounds like he has more vested interest in this than he is bringing to this forum. Hmm, I wonder who Camo1 can be, since this Toronto has tight knit community and no one has said anything except for him/her...........

Here is the statement the victim has asked me to make:

1. We are a very close knit community. As such, the victim's request to keep this off of the forums and social media has been honoured.
2. Most heads of schools were phoned immediately and spoken to directly by those close to the victim. If you were not contacted it was because you were not acquainted with the victim and/or you has no association with the accused.
3. Keeping a traumatic event off public forums is not "sweeping it under the rug". It is a testament to the level of respect that the members of the Canadian and Toronto jiu-jitsu community have for the victim and all women.

The vicim is humbled by the outpouring of concern and care from the community. Aside from a singular troll, many have contacted her to offer support and well wishes for her continued recovery.

She also asked me to convey (and I agree) that the behaviour of the user calling himself "Camo1" is odious and reprehensible. In no way did you act in a manner that expressed concern for this victim or other women; you simply tried to use the misfortune of a victum to implicate the academy in a non-existent cover-up. You disgust me.

If you truly care and want to know how you can contribute, contact me.

Alaina Hardie
Toronto, ON

First of all if the person involved with this wants things kept off the forums I have no problem honouring that request.

Posts like mine will happen when something like this is not addressed.

No mention of the victim has to be made but a brief explanation is required from a club with such a high public profile.

You might want to drop the attack on my character at this point or your assumptions about who I am.

You do realize you have said worse things about me than the accused in your posts so far.

I work for no one nor do I own an academy.

If we were involved in a sport with a legit governing body like say Judo Canada this would be handled way differently.

It is not up to you to selectively decide which rank and file deserve to be informed about this.

The colour of your belt or anyone else's does not matter here.

Might I remind you this is not the first controversy people from this club have been associated with.

I think there is something to be said about the judgement of some people around there.

I have plenty of concern for the victim and a lot of frustration about the stuff that is happening.

The relentless pursuit to promote and advertise a club on the name of a person who turned out to be really bad is more than just a private matter.

I humbly apologize to the individual at the center of this and to you Alaina.

My intent was not to make it worse.

Again I can remove my posts if that is what she wants.

I was approaching this in a non personal way because I do not know either one of them.

I think that is within my rights as a member of the public.

i recently came across these posts and wish i had known before going to this club.
I overheard two of the instructors Alex and The brown belt jujitsu coach make some pretty disgusting comments about children. I wish i had known before ever setting foot in that place

i recently came across these posts and wish i had known before going to this club.
I overheard two of the instructors Alex and The brown belt jujitsu coach make some pretty disgusting comments about children. I wish i had known before ever setting foot in that place
I went there for a couple of months 5 or 6 years ago, not so much because I wanted to train there but more to support a friend who was training there and would have quit otherwise. I found the head coach Mauricio to be friendly and knowledgeable, but the rolling was crazy. It put a lot of miles on my body in a short period of time; had to stop going after separating my shoulder in a “friendly” lunch hour roll.

The sex assault stuff is news to me and unsettling, so I can imagine how you feel. The MMA/BJJ community in Toronto isn’t that big, but it’s surprising how bad news can be kept under wraps. Luckily, there are a few good places to train so you don’t have to commit to a place you feel uncomfortable supporting.

Back