Everybody help me out on this one, made a little boo boo..

SLOWandSTEADY

White Belt
Reaction score
lmfao k so i called out the mma instructor at my gym for an MMA sparring session thinking hed have no grappling experience ( i have about 10 months ).. turns out he wrestled in HS and did a few months of BJJ a few years go..

i wrestled for a week, barely done any grappling standing, we start from the knees and im a guard player.

WTF do i do?! ive used a single leg on somebody like 3 times, used a head and arm when a guy tried to rob me.. thats about it

i need to nullify his muay thai and get on the ground, p.s my thai sucks ballsack

edit - im 135 hes 160 ish.. ive watched him beat on a 250 pound guy with leg kicks before so.

10 mo vs 3 mo of bjj should even you out on the ground if not give you the edge

edit:

There are two caveats...

How long did he wrestle?

If was any good you're probably toast, but you can still potentially catch him in something if he indeed only did bjj for 3 mo

Last edited:
10 mo vs 3 mo of bjj should even you out on the ground if not give you the edge

but im not used to standing or taking kicks\knees\punches, thats what im getting at.. i need to know what to do to not die on my feet and get it to the ground

p.s i like your sig

so basically im asking how to nullify his muay thai, get the fight to the ground and submit him.

Get destroyed by him and try to learn something from it.

Or, if you're a pussy, just pretend to be sick and don't show up that day.

I hope he mollywops you for calling him out.

That was stupid.

were buds, we were joking around on facebook and i was just like you may be unreal at Thai but doubts you can defend a double, friendly MMA spar im calling you out.

it actualy stemmed from me commenting on a picture of him wearing a mogkol saying "nice cock on the back of your head" lol.. this is all friendly

Only a first rate douche bag calls out his instructor and comes on the internet looking for coaching and advice.

10 months in.... pfft!

You deserve to get your ass kicked.

Post the video when he's done with you.

Happy trails butter-nuts.

^ O I C.

You didnt mention this in your OP.

In that case, since it is friendly, i would suggest you close the distance quickly, dont stay outside. He will probably blast you with leg kicks and jabs.

Drill the hell out of double legs. When he sprawls on you, pull guard.

Foot on the hip. Control the head with one arm, and control his power hand with your other.

Keep his posture broken, and look for triangles/armlocks, and sweep him when/if he stands. If you allow him to posture in guard, you are going to get your ass kicked.

Keep him broken down, and look for the armlock/triangle.

Good luck, youll need it.

Only a first rate douche bag calls out his instructor and comes on the internet looking for coaching and advice.

10 months in.... pfft!

You deserve to get your ass kicked.

Post the video when he's done with you.

Happy trails butter-nuts.

dude im actualy the humblest guy in the world.. this guy is a friend,we were joking around im just asking for a little advice..

^ O I C.

You didnt mention this in your OP.

In that case, since it is friendly, i would suggest you close the distance quickly, dont stay outside. He will probably blast you with leg kicks and jabs.

Drill the hell out of double legs. When he sprawls on you, pull guard.

Foot on the hip. Control the head with one arm, and control his power hand with your other.

Keep his posture broken, and look for triangles/armlocks, and sweep him when/if he stands. If you allow him to posture in guard, you are going to get your ass kicked.

Keep him broken down, and look for the armlock/triangle.

Good luck, youll need it.

yeah im nowhere near disrespectful enough to call out anyone, nevermind an instructor. its just a friendly joke thing, but i think it will be good to see how my jiujitsu holds up in a somewhat real fight with a very talented striker.

thanks for the advice

p.s ill post the vid for sure lmfao

dude im actualy the humblest guy in the world.. this guy is a friend,we were joking around im just asking for a little advice..

I'm just messing with you.

Run at him with beserker face like Wolverine while wearing only pink women's underwear and flying belly smash him. No Thai fighter in the world can defend against this time proven tactic.

Serious advice though... don't stand right in front of him and don't let him set the distance.

Have fun and I wasn't joking about the video.

I'm just messing with you.

Run at him with beserker face like Wolverine while wearing only pink women's underwear and flying belly smash him. No Thai fighter in the world can defend against this time proven tactic.

Serious advice though... don't stand right in front of him and don't let him set the distance.

Have fun and I wasn't joking about the video.

oh the video will be up.

but im not used to standing or taking kicks\knees\punches, thats what im getting at.. i need to know what to do to not die on my feet and get it to the ground

p.s i like your sig

right on

of the video will be up.

hells yeah, doo eet.

like Arch said, control the distance, and shoot hard and commit as soon as you can. grapple fuck him and remember to stay SUPER tight and use your hooks. don't get ktfo'd, but he's your friend so even if he can he probably won't, but he might beat on you a little or you might get lucky and pull a sub out of your ass. either way we win. :icon_chee

right on

hells yeah, doo eet.

like Arch said, control the distance, and shoot hard and commit as soon as you can. grapple fuck him and remember to stay SUPER tight and use your hooks. don't get ktfo'd, but he's your friend so even if he can he probably won't, but he might beat on you a little or you might get lucky and pull a sub out of your ass. either way we win. :icon_chee

Exactly... and don't forget the women's underwear and your best Wolverine facial expressions.

lmfao k so i called out the mma instructor at my gym for an MMA sparring session thinking hed have no grappling experience ( i have about 10 months ).. turns out he wrestled in HS and did a few months of BJJ a few years go..

i wrestled for a week, barely done any grappling standing, we start from the knees and im a guard player.

Most likely you will not get a single or double leg on him. I doubt you'll get a throw either. MMA guys (especially with wrestling backgrounds) are light years ahead of someone who has done bjj for 10 months. Your best bet is to catch a kick, trip/takedown.

If you get on your back (obviously break his posture), look for an omoplata. Omoplatas seem to be very foreign to mma guys, well in my experience anyways.

If you can't break posture, look for hip bumps.

I suck at mma, but these are the only things that have worked for me when I spar with the mma guys at my gym.

how do you take down some one with better stand up grappling than you?

one option that may work is to shoot in with a good cover to clinch pummel in till you have the dominant collar tie. then jump to guard.

as he has the standup grappling edge your chances of nailing the double or single leg are almost nill.

jumping to guard comes with lots of downsides tho.

like wrestlers usually have really good base so even if you get him into your guard you will probably find it difficult to sweep him.

and he will try to ground and pound the shit out of you which with his (I'm assuming) good wrestling and striking will suck for you tremendously.

but if your really lucky you may just catch him with a triangle.

Well since he's a friend, neither of you have anything to gain by "winning". It sounds like you're approaching it as a fight you want to win. To use a phrase you might not be familiar with, "jib it".

Back