Everlast vs Fairtex gloves?

DSGhST07

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok, I currently use 16oz Everlast training gloves for heavy bag work. You know, the $30 pair at Modells with "Antibacterial lining". Now I see a lot of talk on here about Fairtex's, Windy's and so on, and I was wonder how much of a difference is there? My main point is my gloves don't really feel the same and I owned them for less than a year already. I just got the stimulus tax check and I wanna buy some good gloves that will last me and protect my hands.

So could someone please explain to me the difference between Everlast and Fairtex. If there is that big of a difference, can you please recommend a good pair for heavy bag work, preferably Fairtex, Windy, or something similar, 16oz or up; $80 or under is what im looking for. Thanks.

Those 12oz everlast bag gloves that they mass market are pretty crappy. Very little padding and poorly constructed.

When you first try a Windy (never used Fairtex gloves), you'll be amazed and feel like you're wearing a pillow, they're that much more comfortable.

no comparison here. Those shitty everlast gloves have basically te same crap padding that you put on your dorm room bed. It compresses very quickly and the "leather" cracks very quickly. PAy the extra $30 and get yourself a pair of Fairtex super bag gloves Round 1 Fight Shop

I always tell my customers that to really experience a Fairtex, you have to try it on. The quality is MUCH MUCH better, and you can tell just by looking at them - the real key is when you try them on. There's just something about Fairtex that just makes you feel powerful when you put them on. I know that sounds kinda funny, but I think that most people will be willing to agree with me on this.

Also, are those "training gloves" supposed to be used for sparring or bag work? There is a big difference in the two and I've noticed that "training gloves" are typically sparring gloves. Sparring gloves will break down on bags after a bit of use.

Full Contact Outlet

Dont spar with cheap gloves, get Twins or Fairtex they have good soft cushioning and you can hit each other hard and not worry about it because the gloves are good. Ive sparred people with crap gloves and even though these guys had no power their punches had abit of sting to them because they were using those cheap gloves they sell in supermarkets.

The Thai style has more curvature in the hand, and is a little looser for the clinch. It's main purpose is to grab the back of the head/neck. If you're just using them for bag work, they'll be fine, but you won't be getting the full potential from them. They're more for clinch drills and pad work.

The cheap Everlasts suck, as everyone here seems to agree on. If you're gonna compare an Everlast glove to a Fairtex with even a standing chance, then it would be the Everlast Pro training gloves that cost around $80. If you want a western-style boxing glove as opposed to a Thai-style glove, then those are a good pick.

I think the Fairtex Safety training glove (w/ the elastic wrist closure) is a western style glove too, if you really want to go with Fairtex and still have a more traditional boxing glove.*
*darn, I just checked and those are over your budget, and are more for sparring anyway, sorry 'bout that.*

If you're absolutely hurting for cash, Title makes the best cheap gloves in my opinion. I'm on my second pair of Title bag gloves and it took two years for my first pair to wear out.

I have an open sked and usually work late.

"Inuman ayo minsan" hehe

Same for me right now, bro. Well, I'm actually taking a break, so it's not work that's keeping me up late, but lack of work. :)

I never said sparring gloves, strictly bag and pad. Im looking at the Windy and Fairtex super bag gloves. They look good, although they are 12oz. I believe, thats way to light. Anyone have one of these 2? What do u think?

Dont spar with cheap gloves, get Twins or Fairtex they have good soft cushioning and you can hit each other hard and not worry about it because the gloves are good. Ive sparred people with crap gloves and even though these guys had no power their punches had abit of sting to them because they were using those cheap gloves they sell in supermarkets.

Twins has softer cushioning than the Fairtex gloves. After years of using Fairtex, there quality has gone down a bit. I prefer the Twins because they feel better when you punch hard. Just my opinion. - Mac

I have both fairtex and windy and they are both top notch. If your looking for something cheaper but still good quality check these out from aries fight gear. Aries Fight Gear USA: Product List
These are cheaper but are good quality. Not as pretty as the fairtex but they will hold up well.

Back