Everlast Powerlock 14oz Training glove review

We are Legion and we are many.

Hey Audio....I might have missed it somewhere...but have you tried any of the other Everlast upper tier gloves? If so...how do these compare?

Nope, I haven't simply because of hand issues otherwise I would've loved to try the everlast MX but I hear the padding is like a mexican glove so probably not the best idea. I wish these had the MX leather it looks so good!

I wish everlast would fix their QC issues, just because something is made in China doesn't mean it has to be bad quality. Hell I used to love airsoft guns as a kid and Japanese airsoft guns were the shit, and pretty soon china was building their own knockoffs with great quality and a much cheaper price. Point is, everlast has some really great products in their top tier lineup and if they just fixed these issues a lot more people would be wearing their stuff it's a damn shame really. If they had impeccable build quality and maybe choice of other materials (laces, even thicker leather) I mean I guess it could be worth the full asking prices.

Nope, I haven't simply because of hand issues otherwise I would've loved to try the everlast MX but I hear the padding is like a mexican glove so probably not the best idea. I wish these had the MX leather it looks so good!

I wish everlast would fix their QC issues, just because something is made in China doesn't mean it has to be bad quality. Hell I used to love airsoft guns as a kid and Japanese airsoft guns were the shit, and pretty soon china was building their own knockoffs with great quality and a much cheaper price. Point is, everlast has some really great products in their top tier lineup and if they just fixed these issues a lot more people would be wearing their stuff it's a damn shame really. If they had impeccable build quality and maybe choice of other materials (laces, even thicker leather) I mean I guess it could be worth the full asking prices.

Ha...airsoft. I remember when Tokyo Marui were the be all end all. Then the chinese clones took over like you said.

I just got he sale C3's and while I dogged them at first...they have grown on me. I do wish Everlast could be the company they used to be again.

Alright guys well it's been a few months, gloves are still holding up okay. I come on here read around and end up hating everlast I believe some poster had the powerlocks in velcro and said the stitching on the foam part was falling apart I was apalled. But everytime I use these powerlocks I fall in love all over again they are the most comfortable gloves I own now. I suppose, hypothetically, not that one should have to do this you could order gloves from them and keep exchanging until you get a good pair? I don't know shouldn't have to be done though

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the gloves are serving you well. Waiting to see what Black Friday/Cyber Monday brings.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the gloves are serving you well. Waiting to see what Black Friday/Cyber Monday brings.

Me too!!! I cant wait to use the Protex3 evergel....Especially at under $150.
Hopefully they are as good as Goldenboy says they are. The wait is killing me...Im Almost inclined to just buy them at full price...ALMOST:) Glad u Like the Powerlocks!!!

Nice review.

But wow, those gloves look terrible. I see nothing's changed with nEverlast. The stitching on that wide ass cuff looks atrocious, and the wrist support looks extremely flimsy. I hope they aren't advertising those as leather either. They look 110% synthetic. If not, then they're either using bad quality leather or part leather/part synthetic.

Me too!!! I cant wait to use the Protex3 evergel....Especially at under $150.
Hopefully they are as good as Goldenboy says they are. The wait is killing me...Im Almost inclined to just buy them at full price...ALMOST:) Glad u Like the Powerlocks!!!

Stay strong my friend and don't pay full price that would be worse than invading iraq circa 2003. Pro tip: everlast inside sign up takes off 25% off your new order but in my experience the code they send you once you sign up actually takes off 35%. Btw yes the stitching was pretty bad in answer to the last poster I could've exchanged it some pairs are quite nice. However, I beg to differ in that it is real leather as far as I can tell it feels very nice actually.

Those gloves are definitely leather!!!! Aside from some stitching issues....I would take the plunge.

I'm still trying to find out what type of foam these gloves use. Apparently they failed to announce it. C3 foam is garbage and I hope it doesn't have that. The stitching is everlast quality which is mass production and poor quality so who is to say how good they are. I know my last pair of Everlast got them on sale for 100 and lasted 6 months. The C3 foam broke down and my right glove looks like it has a flat. The whole front is at a 90 degree from my knuckle which is hilarious. Give your gloves 6 months and work with them. I switched gloves mind you so the quality of everlast is in the bottom of the barrel atm. I really want the cons of this glove so I'll wait.

I'll be doing a review soon. There are really good things about the gloves but also really bad. Stay tuned!

Alright its been another month, stitching on the ummm top of the cuff is loose but i think whoever made it screwed up and did 3 lines instead of 2.....NO PROBLEMO. umm padding is getting sorta soft or maybe its just in my head. Also the liner is bunching up with my finger tips go. Despite this however, got rival rs1's on reccomendation of mister stratocaster and they are amazing, I want to use them sparring when I get a chance. But I really have to say even after using that rotating back to these powerlocks despite all the shit I said up there they still feel amazing to train in. I love these powerlocks when everlast has a black friday sale I'm gonna pick up another pair holy cow do they feel nice to hit things with.

Alright guys, its december, and the foam on my left glove split. it takes a big man to admit when he is wrong and i am that man. but when these gloves were new they were fantastic.

Sucks man. I know the feeling. Did it split from bagwork?

yeah i pretty much exclusively used these on the bag, rough stuff

Yep, same here. It's a bit ridiculous that you'd have to be super delicate with training gloves, but I do kind of wish I saved them just for sparring (though, I also now wish I didn't buy them!).

Even with the neverlast reputation, I hoped they'd put in a foam support that could last even a year.

I've been playing around with using a knuckle guard (NG2) in them after the foam split, but the hand compartment is a bit tight. Also unfortunately, a knuckle guard with the already soft padding (what's left of it) and the thin leather shell ends up taking away a lot of the pop on the bag.

Are you going to contact n'verlast or try to salvage the gloves somehow?

Alright guys, its december, and the foam on my left glove split. it takes a big man to admit when he is wrong and i am that man. but when these gloves were new they were fantastic.

not your fault, you're not nostradamus; practically impossible to predict when the foam will give way

they looked nice enough gloves from the original review, so it's too bad about that

Back