Everlast bag for 35 bucks? lol

37dogg

White Belt
Reaction score
i was going to pick up a 100lb title liquishock bag so i've been browsing around for a stand for it.

i found the everlast stand for $99 at walmart. the interesting part is for another $34 bucks you get the entire kit stand + 70lb nevatear bag, some gloves and wraps. now i know everlast bags are crap but since i need the stand anyways is the $35 extra bucks worth it? i think shipping is only 2.97 on it too lol.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Everlast-...ag-Stand-with-a-70-lb.-Heavy-Bag-Kit/15562465

seems like the same kit with the 100lb bag is $14 more dollars at $148. weird, the stand along is $99, 70lb bag for $75, 100lb bag for $79. so basically i'd be paying a extra $34 for a 70lb bag or $48 for the 100lb. interesting pricing..

Last edited:
I have an older version of that, which I used before I started training at the gym. It's pretty low quality overall, and I don't use the heavy bag anymore. I still use the stand for a double-end bag though. It's durable enough that it's lasted for years, but the quality is pretty poor if you're used to gym quality equipment. Make sure that you have some weight plates to hold the platform down, or you might end up knocking the entire stand over.

I have an older version of that, which I used before I started training at the gym. It's pretty low quality overall, and I don't use the heavy bag anymore. I still use the stand for a double-end bag though. It's durable enough that it's lasted for years, but the quality is pretty poor if you're used to gym quality equipment. Make sure that you have some weight plates to hold the platform down, or you might end up knocking the entire stand over.

is your above post more in regard to the bag, stand or both?

so when it comes down to it is the bag worth the $35 bucks? i just figured it is so cheap why not, could probably flip it on craigslist. if it isn't worth the hassle i dont mind just getting the stand alone.

what is the best budget stand to hold a 100lb bag anyhow? im thinking the everlast stand is decent enough.

The stand started to sag a little at the neck, which can be easily tightened. It's overall not too bad if you're just a beginner or hobbyist. The bag that I have is slightly different, but I'm assuming it's very similar. Mine would settle very quickly, leaving the top very puffy and lacking padding, while the bottom would become rock hard with the sand filling. Once again, not so horrible for the price if you're not planning on fighting, but not good at all if you are planning on it.

The stand started to sag a little at the neck, which can be easily tightened. It's overall not too bad if you're just a beginner or hobbyist. The bag that I have is slightly different, but I'm assuming it's very similar. Mine would settle very quickly, leaving the top very puffy and lacking padding, while the bottom would become rock hard with the sand filling. Once again, not so horrible for the price if you're not planning on fighting, but not good at all if you are planning on it.

thanks for the info. if i get it i'd probably just sell the bag anyways.

is there a better stand you would recommend over the everlast?

No idea, it's been the only stand I've ever used. Cost wise, it should serve its purpose well. Beats spending a thousand or two for a better stand.

No idea, it's been the only stand I've ever used. Cost wise, it should serve its purpose well. Beats spending a thousand or two for a better stand.

ya i somehow don't see a 150-200 dollar stand being any better than the everlast one anyhow so may as well just get that. and 35 bucks extra for the bag/gloves isn't too bad either...

All stands with that design are a waste of money and are designed for children and cardio-boxing.

1) you can't circle around the bag, you can only attack it from the front
2) you can't round kick the bag without risk to your feet.
3) they hang the bag so low that you need to be under 5'5 for it to work well for punches
4) they shake and rattle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zDw-z4d3A8 look at the trouble he has circling and how low he has to punch

All stands with that design are a waste of money and are designed for children and cardio-boxing.

1) you can't circle around the bag, you can only attack it from the front
2) you can't round kick the bag without risk to your feet.
3) they hang the bag so low that you need to be under 5'5 for it to work well for punches
4) they shake and rattle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zDw-z4d3A8 look at the trouble he has circling and how low he has to punch

yes i see that and as a non fighter realistically it is just for cardio/hobby for myself i guess. either way options are limited as i need a stand based unit and don't want to spend a ton on one and my space foot print is rather small. i can live with the limited mobility.

Back