Ever shrinking window for GSP return.

Navy_Chief

Black Belt
Reaction score
IMHO, if GSP does not return to the UFC within the next 2 years, I believe that the window will be closed. With the injuries he has had, I think that any return after age 35 will be ill-advised.

With the announcement that he will not return in 2015. I believe we have seen the last of GSP in the octagon.

hopefully, he had an amazing career and i want him to be the only goats that didn't start losing at the dusk of his career

I always assumed he would never come back. Leaving it open for a return protected him from criticism that he was running from a Johny rematch or one of the many rising WWs.

I would be shocked if he ever returned.

I'd rather he continues to make movies. He needs to play frank dux next.

I bet he'd be way more exicitng in 3 rd. fights.

Although that's impossible, because he'd only be a main eventer, and those are always 5 rounds, regardless of him fighting for a title or not.

I'm a huge GSP fan - And I would love to see him fight 100 more times. But if he never comes back I'll be happy for him. He had a great career, he has his money, he has his history. MIght as well keep his health.

You're mixing things up. GSP's manager said at this point gsp doesn't have any fight planned this year he never said he won't be fighting this year. People need to do better with reading comprehension on this site

Still can't believe Dana roasted him the way he did. I'm sure GSP is happy, and in no hurry to return to Dana's BS circus sideshow.

Except 9/10 people think he lost his last fight

What people think is irrelevant. Mma judges scored the fight for him. No matter how much it irks you, that will never be considered a loss for him.

I think they will offer him the Anderson fight and he might go for it as just a 1 fight thing.

“There is no plan for 2015,” manager Rodolphe Beaulieu said. We are working on a few projects, but nothing related for him coming back in the Octagon.”

He's basically saying gsp has not planned a return to fighting yet but has some other things lined up.

That does not equal he's not coming back in 2015, he just hasn't planned it yet. It's only January.

This thread is a lie

Back