Ever had stuffed Arepas?

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
best ethnic sandwich ever

arepa-pabellon-e1496351706317.jpg

Nah cachapas are better than arepas. Cachapas have more cheese to corn ratio. Its sweeter too.

Arepas are a pretty kick ass streetfood. Venezuelan style arepas are awesome and much more convenient since it's like a wrapped burger. We have a good bit of them in SoFla, some even in gas stations. Cachapas are great too. Venezuelan Arepas > Colombian Arepas (both awesome choices)

There is a place near mean that serves arepa sammiches and yuca fries that are really good.

Had them multiple times on the streets in El Salvador. They sucked!

Then had them again in Medellin, Colombia at some random street vendor in front of a park. This time they had avocado in them, pretty good!! Cheap too.
Pork-and-Avocado-Stuffed-Arepas-2.jpg

arepa_reina_pepiada-today-tease-vr-150429_b0a822917c3b528cdfdd983a8d92299f.today-inline-large.jpg

I had them at the Stampede last summer, they were okay. The thing that stood out for me, from that stand, were the yuca fries.
Yuca is the goat root vegetables. Unfortunately no stores carry it where I live. My favorite thing is to shred with a cheese gratee, throw in chopped cilantros and onions and of course a nice grated cheese, and fry that mofo like hash browns.

This thread made me hungry, unless you plan on shipping me some arepas, stop posting pictures please.

That bread or whatever it is looks horrible. Looks like a stale English muffin.

They're freaking awesome if made right. This thread made me hungry.

That bread or whatever it is looks horrible. Looks like a stale English muffin.

it is thicker and crunchier. It is made from cornmeal and then either cooked in oil, like fried, or on the stove top.

I make them quite often and also there is a Venezuelan place about half a block from me. I try to be a little healthier when I make them, so I cook them on the stove top with just pam. Then when they are almost done, I put them in the oven to broil, that makes them crisp up, as if they were fried.

When I make them, I usually put tuna salad in them, or make steak sandwiches, kind of like the Cuban steak sandwich, but with Arepa and not Cuban bread.

yeah they're pretty good, but Mexican gorditas are better IMO.

Arepas are delicious. Shawarmas are kinda the lebanese version of them and taste great too.

1*SgbXRgfjQgHOs7iiCcu7yg.jpeg

Back