• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Event hall refuses interracial wedding because of religion

hi 7437,

i'm as open minded as they come, and i believe all folks should be able to marry whomever they want to.

but...

*sigh*

i feel badly for the woman who is being filmed. Mississippi is like another planet, and lots of folks there think differently than they do in other parts of the United States.

plus, the woman (who seemed polite) seems kinda old. you can't expect old people to just "get with it" - its not fair to them. in 1955, they probably would have just shot the person making the video and slept well at night, so, in a way, they're making strides.

in one sense, i get that this sort of worldview is pretty inexcusable - but i didn't get that surge of enjoyable righteous outrage when i actually watched the video. i just felt kinda sorry for everyone involved.

- IGIT
Her circumstances are an explanation for her behavior but not an excuse.

Islam explicitly doesn't ban interracial marriage. Okay, now can we actually discuss the topic of this thread?

NO! We must only deflect and whine about how unfair life is for conservatives.

hi 7437,

i'm as open minded as they come, and i believe all folks should be able to marry whomever they want to.

but...

*sigh*

i feel badly for the woman who is being filmed. Mississippi is like another planet, and lots of folks there think differently than they do in other parts of the United States.

plus, the woman (who seemed polite) seems kinda old. you can't expect old people to just "get with it" - its not fair to them. in 1955, they probably would have just shot the person making the video and slept well at night, so, in a way, they're making strides.

in one sense, i get that this sort of worldview is pretty inexcusable - but i didn't get that surge of enjoyable righteous outrage when i actually watched the video. i just felt kinda sorry for everyone involved.

- IGIT

The women who spit at African American children trying to go to school in the South are all old now too broseph.

Did you hear about the girl who turned down saving her grandfathers life with an organ transplant because he was a Klansman? Pretty funny shit.

As per your post and the initial point. While Mississippi is... What it is.. This is also America.

What does this even mean?
He and his ilk just reflexively deflects to Muslims anytime there is a story like this one, is normal for them. They don't even care to think through whether or not the deflection makes sense, they just do it because it'll end up being the rallying cry for that thread. All the Trumpettes will in all likelihood like that post.
Islam explicitly doesn't ban interracial marriage. Okay, now can we actually discuss the topic of this thread?
To be fair neither does Christianity.

Good example of people hiding their racism behind their religious beliefs, even when the actual issue is nowhere in their bible.

hiya AUR,

she seemed kinda old to me. old and living a kind of insular life in Mississippi.

i'm not condoning the lady's worldview - i find it abhorrent - i just get how she could be that way...and i felt it was kind of slimy (to approprirate JVS' term) to head down there with the intent of making someone look like the second coming of David Duke.

- IGIT
IGs,

I get you now. And I agree that this entire culture of internet shaming everybody is out of control.
Sometimes you just gotta smh, rme, lol, and move on.

-AUR

More than half of white people over 50.
I doubt its that high.
my mom is in her 80s and she's hip.

edit: I'm seeing the data you posted above. Disappointing.

Mockery of a "look what this guy that belongs to a religion I don't like did" thread, as if it was the norm, while ignoring and excusing the actual repugnant "norms" of other certain religious cultures...
You're reaching with this one broseph. Can you source American Muslims refusing an interracial marriage? I would gladly share your disdain... Wait.. You've expressed none at this woman ITT.

As per your post and the initial point. While Mississippi is... What it is.. This is also America.

hio AgonyandIrony,

but Mississippi is Mississippi.

like i said, in '55 the woman who was asking about a having a mixed race wedding at the venue would probably have been beaten, if not lynched.

so...progress.

- IGIT

You're reaching with this one broseph. Can you source American Muslims refusing an interracial marriage? I would gladly share your disdain... Wait.. You've expressed none at this woman ITT.

"American Muslims"...

Okay, and the rest of the 1.8 billion? Nothing to see there? Odd, how Christianity is a bigger religion, and yet you can't point to any truly fucked up Christian culture of any significance around the globe. Oh', but this elderly racist lady from the deep south is now the official representative...

Yeah, she's an old racist lady from the South...and? What's the overall message of the thread here?

Mockery of a "look what this guy that belongs to a religion I don't like did" thread, as if it was the norm, while ignoring and excusing the actual repugnant "norms" of other certain religious cultures...
Not shocking that you're hypocrisy knows no bounds. There is literally zero chance you would try to deflect from this story if it were a person of color, or a Muslim being shamed. Its very likely that you would be jumping in with a Muslims gonna Muslim, or using it to rationalize the Wall or some other retarded right wing bullshit.

islam's worse by and large, so what? this is about a specific incident. one piece of shit hiding behind religion

was he supposed to tack on a jab at muslims on the end just to keep the scores even? c'mon buddeh

Mississippi.. is normal for 3rd world zhithole. 150 years from now they will still refuse interracial weddings.

Not shocking that you're hypocrisy knows no bounds. There is literally zero chance you would try to deflect from this story if it were a person of color, or a Muslim being shamed. Its very likely that you would be jumping in with a Muslims gonna Muslim, or using it to rationalize the Wall or some other retarded right wing bullshit.

A person of color being shamed for being racist thread...on Sherdog...that doesn't get dumped in five minutes...LOL.

I'm equal opportunity. I call out frivolous Muslim bashing threads or posts on the rare occasion they happen. Most of the time though, it's about cutting off heads, or beating their family members to death, so yeah, not gonna see a lot of defensive arguments from me in those ones. The Liberals like the TS on the other hand...

I mean, what do you want here? Is the old lady racist? Yes. Obviously. Does she represent some kind of norm among Christians? No. Wow, what a great debate.

Why can't I just invent a religion that doesn't recognize black people as human? It would be like forcing me to marry somebody to a dog! Bing bong so simple.

Christianity is a bigger religion, and yet you can't point to any truly fucked up Christian culture of any significance around the globe.

They were pretty fucked up before secularism and enlightenment values came into the fold. And even for quite a long while after that in many places. The countries and cultures with Christian histories aren't decent in contemporary times because they're Christian; quite the opposite, and directly because its influence has been gradually eroded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wat
Back