Even though JDS vs. Overeem would've been Epic, Cain being Champ is best for the UFC

flakxd

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Cain winning the belt and remaining HW Champ for an extended period of time will be really good for the UFC. The more Mexican/Mexican-American fans who get into the sport because of Cain being Champ, the better.

Brazilians will still love & support their fighters no matter what, that country is hooked. Cain needs a long string of consecutive victories as Champ & for the UFC/Zuffa/Fox to really push his Mexican heritage.

We talk about tapping into the huge Indian & Chinese markets, but Mexico is even more important. They are already a fight-friendly culture, and someone like Cain can bring in millions of new fans. Not only that, but Mexico produces some great athletes. Look at all the great/exciting Mexican boxers out there, and imagine them learning some TDD. The bantamweight division is gonna be STACKED!!

I dont think anyone is holding that strap for long so they should capitalise on it will they can

If Cain can generate enough interest it would certainly be great for the lower weightclasses. There are many great smaller boxers coming from that region, just need to get the younger kids coming through to try something a little different.

Cain winning the belt and remaining HW Champ for an extended period of time will be really good for the UFC. The more Mexican/American fans who get into the sport because of Cain being Champ, the better.

Brazilians will still love & support their fighters no matter what, that country is hooked. Cain needs a long string of consecutive victories as Champ & for the UFC/Zuffa/Fox to really push his Mexican heritage.

We talk about tapping into the huge Indian & Chinese markets, but Mexico is even more important. They are already a fight-friendly culture, and someone like Cain can bring in millions of new fans. Not only that, but Mexico produces some great athletes. Look at all the great/exciting Mexican boxers out there, and imagine them learning some TDD. The bantamweight division is gonna be STACKED!!

bro, you can't just snag a dozen mexicans throw em in a van and drop them off at Iowa university wrestling team and breed a bunch of sprawl & brawling killers... or could you?

I'm wondering if the Mexican market is that much of a market as people think, whilst Brazil improves & gets stronger socially & economically Mexico seems to be descending into more of a hellish place with the ongoing brutal drug/crime rings. Not sure the money generated from there will be as big as people think.

Do people care about Cain being Mexican? Can anyone confirm that? Not being from Mexico, or America I have no clue but I assumed people would feel the same as what the Irish will feel about someone like Marcus Davis trying to be Irish lol

Cain being champ means we don't get JDS v Overeem, and Cormier can't get a titleshot, so that's 2 big fights lost. I think that's a shame, but that's fighting. It only takes one big performance from another contender to make the next one 'the next great fight'

Nobody cares about cain or the fact his dad picks a field for 50 cents a day really, he is a good fighter that got knocked out in 30 seconds but won the title back, he fights pretty boring and has the personality of a tortilla he is not going to convert many mexicans from boxing

Nobody cares about cain or the fact his dad picks a field for 50 cents a day really, he is a good fighter that got knocked out in 30 seconds but won the title back, he fights pretty boring and has the personality of a tortilla he is not going to convert many mexicans from boxing

Pretty sure Mexicans love tortillas bro...

Back