Evander Holyfield and Riddick Bowe fighting multiple times after the bell during their second fight

im always amazed at how Americans hold Bowe in such high regard, other than his first fight against Holyfield, he has very few wins on his record that stand out, even before he fought Holyfield, he looked ill disciplined and didn't look great, i think the Rock Newman hype machine did a lot for Bowes career in all honesty, he was obviously a talented fighter, but he didn't fight a LOT of top fighters who were knocking about around his time

i dont even blame him for this, i think it is all squarely on Newmans shoulders, and i think he has even admitted as much, his job was to earn his client as much money as possible with as little risk as possible, and Bowe didn't mind that

i think Lewis would have battered him, and i think he would have struggled with a few other fighters as well if he didnt come into the fight in tip top shape(which he rarely did...maybe a few fights tops)

Americans literally change the Olympic medal tally to make bronze medals worth more than gold because they know they have a better chance of 'winning' (i.e losing) more silvers and bronzes, while they might lose the actual medal count that the IOC and every other country uses.

It explains a lot about trying to talk about American boxers with them.

Mind you, I just wanted to fire shots at the Yanks for no reason, I think in this particular case you are under-selling Bowe too much.

Americans literally change the Olympic medal tally to make bronze medals worth more than gold because they know they have a better chance of 'winning' (i.e losing) more silvers and bronzes, while they might lose the actual medal count that the IOC and every other country uses.
Where have Americans done this? Like you already acknowledged the IOC keeps the official tally. Unofficially so do many other parties both independent and affiliated with the Summer & Winter Games.

Earlier I was told that Holyfield had issues with diabetes in the third Bowe fight. Well, I've yet to find anything that substantiates the claim. However, I did find the exact excuse that Holyfield himself has used to explain the result—Hepatitis A. At least now we know it wasn't Bowe that stopped him, it was Hep A. 😂

28 Years After Riddick Bowe Trilogy Loss, Evander Holyfield Makes a $10 Million Confession
that's right, it was either hep or the flu, but holy always had an excuse for a poor showing. Bad shoulder, heart problem, whatever.

i mean.

after the Ruddock fight, Lennox had some pretty horrendous performances. Looked terrible vs Tucker. Got kinda dominated by Frank Bruno for most of their fight. Lost to McCall.

Riddick probably beats him up until he gets with Steward. then Lewis wins
i always said this, neither guy looked spectacular in those years, Lewis grew into his greatness late but I thought they both had plenty of hype associated with them.

Back