Eubank Jr vs Awdijan Oct.16th

What is Eubank Jr doing. You want big fights yet you throw nothing against someone you should be easing past

Another 'injury'. Dreadful card on paper, dreadful card in reality

I think eubank looked pretty good. However, he was fighting a domestic level boxer, that posed no threat so you’d expect him too. He needs to take a genuine contender on in his next fight

Savannah marshal looked really good again. Great footwork and movement. Looks really natural and fluid. Power and great punch selection. Peter furys doing a great job with her
She’s gonna be the first girl to give shields a real fuckin fight. I hope they fight soon

how tough was her opponent though!

Savannah marshal looked really good again. Great footwork and movement. Looks really natural and fluid. Power and great punch selection. Peter furys doing a great job with her
She’s gonna be the first girl to give shields a real fuckin fight. I hope they fight soon

how tough was her opponent though!

Her opponent had only ever fought in Zambia, as a super lightweight and welterweight.

I think eubank looked pretty good. However, he was fighting a domestic level boxer, that posed no threat so you’d expect him too. He needs to take a genuine contender on in his next fight

Not trying to give you a hard time, but Junior was shit.

He needs to understand that he’s not RJJ so there’s no point mimicking him in the ring, or his father who also made an appearance.

He’s a swarming pressure fighter with limited skills but a great engine and lots of natural aggression. He needs to play to his strengths. The Liam Williams fight would be really good.

Not trying to give you a hard time, but Junior was shit.

He needs to understand that he’s not RJJ so there’s no point mimicking him in the ring, or his father who also made an appearance.

He’s a swarming pressure fighter with limited skills but a great engine and lots of natural aggression. He needs to play to his strengths. The Liam Williams fight would be really good.

he’s got a great chin as well. It’s his fundamentals that have let him down in the past.
We need to see him against a genuine top 10 fighter. Liam Williams would be a great fight, and I’m a big fan of his as well. I think eubank beats him unfortunately and he’s the sort of fighter that should being the best out of eubank, if he has really improved since the groves fight

Her opponent had only ever fought in Zambia, as a super lightweight and welterweight.

She’s looked good on her last 3 fights that I’ve seen, and you can only beat what’s in front of you. There’s only about 40 pros in the division so she hasn’t really got many options

She’s looked good on her last 3 fights that I’ve seen, and you can only beat what’s in front of you. There’s only about 40 pros in the division so she hasn’t really got many options

Fair enough. I’d had a few beers last night and was moaning at the card a bit too much.

he’s got a great chin as well. It’s his fundamentals that have let him down in the past.
We need to see him against a genuine top 10 fighter. Liam Williams would be a great fight, and I’m a big fan of his as well. I think eubank beats him unfortunately and he’s the sort of fighter that should being the best out of eubank, if he has really improved since the groves fight
I actually think eubank can beat BJS if he fights to his strengths. I.e start with a high pace from the first round, make it a brawl. I would be willing to bet eubank has a better gas tank than BJS and a better chin.

I actually think eubank can beat BJS if he fights to his strengths. I.e start with a high pace from the first round, make it a brawl. I would be willing to bet eubank has a better gas tank than BJS and a better chin.

they are the 2 areas that hes definitely better in. He didn’t do enough in the first half of the fight and had too much left in the tank at the end. He misjudged it and it was his 1st 12 rounder iirc. I think it’s close to a 50/50 fight if they rematch, but as you say, he has to be aggressive and go after him. I don’t think the rematch will happen though

I really like the Liam Williams fight next if it can be made. They are the same weight and Williams is a top 10 MW. I think it’s a great stylistic matchup as well

I think he looked better than he has, he was actually using his jab a lot more. It didn't look that effective so I don't think it's ever going to be a killer weapon for him but it keeps his opponent occupied at least. The body work was excellent and if he's breaking ribs he's clearly got a hard dig. Looking for a step up fight next.

Also it seemed as if he was mimicking RJJ himself earlier on. Like he was just flicking out the jab and then looking to explode with a single big shot but I don't think he has the power or the speed for that to work for him like it did Roy. And his opponent was too mobile for that as well in this case. I think Eubank is much better off throwing in volume and overwhelming opponents that way.

Last edited:
Back