Eubank Jr. says GGG fight will happen within 12 months

Nova44

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
No video to prove it but i just turned on Sky Sports and Chris Eubank said the GGG team reached out to his team and he believes the fight will happen within the next 12 months.

I'd post a video but my eyes can't record as of yet.

Does Chris have any fans? I have never read ‘Chris Eubank Jr. is my favorite fighter’. I think the Groves fight ended what little hope there was for him. They’ve kept him well protected, for the most part.

Does Chris have any fans? I have never read ‘Chris Eubank Jr. is my favorite fighter’. I think the Groves fight ended what little hope there was for him. They’ve kept him well protected, for the most part.

George embarrassed him! His lack of the basics was pretty shocking. He best have been working on his fundamentals

I’ve got a bit of a soft spot for him as an old friend from mu old boxing gym was a regular sparring partner of his. He Was really impressed with his chin, he couldn’t put a dent in it even though he was a heavy handed LHW. I certainly don’t claim to be a big fan or anything.
I am a fan of Conor benn though. Love his style, trying or emulate his old fella

George embarrassed him! His lack of the basics was pretty shocking. He best have been working on his fundamentals

I’ve got a bit of a soft spot for him as an old friend from mu old boxing gym was a regular sparring partner of his. He Was really impressed with his chin, he couldn’t put a dent in it even though he was a heavy handed LHW. I certainly don’t claim to be a big fan or anything.
I am a fan of Conor benn though. Love his style, trying or emulate his old fella

Who is this sparring partner though?

With ggg way over the hill now, and Eubanks chin and gas tank, this could actually be a good fight
We'll get to see if working with RJJ will have changed him. He is making the right noises as it says a lot that Eubank says he trusts everything Roy has been teaching him. I got the feeling that he never respected the coaches he had as being good enough for him. Now let's see how that translates into his career going forward.

I think this is a good fight for both fighters. GGG gets a name recognition fighter who has some obvious and exploitable weaknesses (old GGG could win this fight with just a decent jab against old Eubank Jr) and Eubank obvious gets GGG at the tail end of his career. He has every advantage on his side in physical terms apart from skill which hopefully he'll have improved. Decent fight and certainly one to look forward to.

On a separate issue, this is a decent scalp for Sky Boxing. I thought they were going to lose the British boxing stable entirely to DAZN but they are clearly still in the game. And if they want to keep Eubank Jr. I'm willing to bet that they'll try and do everything to keep AJ once his contract with them expires (very shortly).

Last edited:

Eubank is tough. There is no denying him that. Even old GGG will glass that jaw, though, if he isn’t careful. Not sure what RJJ has done other than slow him down a bit, and make him less sloppy, but I haven’t really sat down and analyzed the before and after.

We'll get to see if working with RJJ will have changed him. He is making the right noises as it says a lot that Eubank says he trusts everything Roy has been teaching him. I got the feeling that he never respected the coaches he had as being good enough for him. Now let's see how that translates into his career going forward.

I think this is a good fight for both fighters. GGG gets a name recognition fighter who has some obvious and exploitable weaknesses (old GGG could win this fight with just a decent jab against old Eubank Jr) and Eubank obvious gets GGG at the tail end of his career. He has every advantage on his side in physical terms apart from skill which hopefully he'll have improved. Decent fight and certainly one to look forward to.

On a separate issue, this is a decent scalp for Sky Boxing. I thought they were going to lose the British boxing stable entirely to DAZN but they are clearly still in the game. And if they want to keep Eubank Jr. I'm willing to bet that they'll try and do everything to keep AJ once his contract with them expires (very shortly).
This is the problem Eubank jr always can talk a better game than what he brings to the ring in my view

This is the problem Eubank jr always can talk a better game than what he brings to the ring in my view
Maybe a leopard doesn't change his spots. BUT it's RJJ we are talking about, if he doesn't improve after a year and a half with one of the greatest fighters of all time then in my mind he's done.

Back