UNDISPUTED is the new Fight Night

It'll be great just to have a modern, 3d boxing game running at 60fps. Even if I get FNC running with added bells and whistles through emulation, the game is fixed at 30fps. If you raise it, everyone moves twice as fast.

I'm surprised EA doesn't release the UFC games for PC, or atleast through Game Pass or something like that.

Last edited:
It'll be great just to have a modern, 3d boxing game running at 60fps. Even if I get FNC running with added bells and whistles through emulation, the game is fixed at 30fps. If you raise it, everyone moves twice as fast.

I'm surprised EA doesn't released the UFC games for PC, or atleast through Game Pass or something like that.

If I remember correctly, the EA team that does the UFC games is also the team (Vancouver) that does the NHL games and they don't release those either on PC. They are the smallest team EA currently has.

I hope that in the career mode they find a way to make training interesting/fun.

I loved FNC but the training system was awful. Slowed the game down immensely. The training "games" all sucked (I could only ever get good scores on like 2 or 3 of them), and the "calendar" thing was stupid. As far as I could figure there was no way to skip it without getting punished via stats dropping.

Yeah, the career mode was always a mess with all the scheduling, balancing stamina, loading screens, and the majority of activities being absolute garbage. All I ever did in training was sparring, since you could hit the scoring goal so easily. Even then though, it's a chore to go through the process of finishing one sparring session, exiting out, rest for a week, spar, rest, level up, allot points, fight. Every single fight. It's so tedious. Just give me the training games and a limit to how many times I can try them out before a fight. Get rid of that scheduling and resting bullshit.

Yeah, the career mode was always a mess with all the scheduling, balancing stamina, loading screens, and the majority of activities being absolute garbage. All I ever did in training was sparring, since you could hit the scoring goal so easily. Even then though, it's a chore to go through the process of finishing one sparring session, exiting out, rest for a week, spar, rest, level up, allot points, fight. Every single fight. It's so tedious. Just give me the training games and a limit to how many times I can try them out before a fight. Get rid of that scheduling and resting bullshit.
Career Mode was so buggy.. If you had a training camp set up but the last day of it fell on the day the awards for FOTY and shit comes up, you don't regain your stamina on a Rest.. So occasionally you'd end up stuck having to start a fight with like 20% stamina which was ridiculous..

Also trying to import created/downloaded fighters into the career mode was 99% a disaster with hard crashes and faces all looking the same.

I love that game but it's super broken.

Career Mode was so buggy.. If you had a training camp set up but the last day of it fell on the day the awards for FOTY and shit comes up, you don't regain your stamina on a Rest.. So occasionally you'd end up stuck having to start a fight with like 20% stamina which was ridiculous..

Also trying to import created/downloaded fighters into the career mode was 99% a disaster with hard crashes and faces all looking the same.

I love that game but it's super broken.

That stamina thing would annoy the F out of me......I did nothing for an entire week except participate in a charity event, but since I didn't "rest" I get to start my fight with 20% stamina. I can't believe something so stupid was allowed into the game.

I hope that in the career mode they find a way to make training interesting/fun.

I loved FNC but the training system was awful. Slowed the game down immensely. The training "games" all sucked (I could only ever get good scores on like 2 or 3 of them), and the "calendar" thing was stupid. As far as I could figure there was no way to skip it without getting punished via stats dropping.
FIFA has come up with what I find to be a good solution for the training games being a giant, boring time sync. You can simulate the training games and it gives you the highest grade that you've previously achieved.

FIFA has come up with what I find to be a good solution for the training games being a giant, boring time sync. You can simulate the training games and it gives you the highest grade that you've previously achieved.

I remember playing Greatest Heavyweights on Genesis way back in the 90's.....the training was handled so that you basically just chose the type of training your fighter would do. Each type affected stats differently. The training would happen off-screen, and you were right back into fighting. I'm not saying it needs to be stripped down quite to that level, but something in between would be nice.

I remember playing Greatest Heavyweights on Genesis way back in the 90's.....the training was handled so that you basically just chose the type of training your fighter would do. Each type affected stats differently. The training would happen off-screen, and you were right back into fighting. I'm not saying it needs to be stripped down quite to that level, but something in between would be nice.
Yeah, that's why I like the way FIFA does it now. It isn't perfect, but it is a decent middle ground. Each training game affects different stats. Wanting to get the highest grade gives you reason to play them a couple times. Once you've gotten an A you can just simulate from then on and get the maximum effect.

It still has an annoying stamina system that affects your stamina at the start of a match, though. I hate that shit when I'm playing as a single player. When I'm playing as the manager it's cool.

Something I'd like to see brought back in a boxing is in between round strategy, I also liked the damage management of working on swelling and cuts.

This game looks very promising, im hoping the gameplay turns out good, the people working on it are listening closely to feedback from what I heard.

I am excited but do you guys think they are going to get all of their styles done? Quite worried for that.
It does feel they are going for a platform style atleast? So hopefully a base game that gets better over time, instead of the EA approach where they shit out a new game every other year. And I'm fine buying fighter DLC to keep them going then.

I joined the discord and apparently there is another big fighter announcement on the way, few more days or so.

I also really hope they get the netcode done right from the start. To be called E-Sports Boxing Club, you better damn have rollback netcode. Anything else is just not acceptable for a game released in this current time. Even Arcsys is doing it now, I believe.

I'd like to think the game is going to do well, but for longetivity it would help a lot if we weren't limited by our regions due to shitty netcode.

New Info

-200-220 fighters

-DLC fighters

-Waiting on 70 contracts

-Fighters signed on royalty basis, eg. 5 cent on the unit, how many DLC downloads.

-2 current top 5 p4p fighters, one locked in.

-One of greatest heavyweights (still alive) agreed to be in-game, but he wanted one thing in the contract - that he couldn't lose a fight. This was rejected.

-Scanning Studios in Sheffield and LA.

-Confident of having 95% of fighters people want in the game.

-More elite level fighters to be announced soon.[

/quote]

Interesting bit from reddit.

In this reddit post someone hints towards Ali teases in the game, because theres posters of him in the background.

Last edited:
Liking what I’ve seen so far, gameplay and presentation. That roster is insane. Might have to pawn the kids to afford all that DLC though.

Do they have a release window yet? I've seen previously of 2021 probably 4th quarter but that was a few months ago.

Something I'd like to see brought back in a boxing is in between round strategy, I also liked the damage management of working on swelling and cuts.

FN3 started that, but then they just abandoned the corner game for some reason. I always loved those mini-games where you'd ice the eyes and whatnot, and thought they could really build a good meta game around it. That's one thing I don't like about FNC. There's really nothing that gives you an edge for the next round, other than being conservative with your actions. You can dominate all round, and you'll actually be punished for it.

Well its a different developer, the fight night games EA made for boxing were just as trash as their UFC games.

Been a few threads on this lately, i'd normally sigh at that... But in this case i'm happy it's getting traction, and feel it's super under looked at... So GOOD!

I think it looks fucking amazing! Let's hope it lives up, saying all the right words and ticking all the right boxes for me.

Back