• Big Trouble in Little China

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Good The Bad The HBK

Pitbull Owner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Escape From NY

escape_from_new_york4.jpg

Synopsis: In 1997, a major war between the United States and the Soviet Union is concluding, and the entire island of Manhattan has been converted into a giant maximum security prison. When Air Force One is hijacked and crashes into the island, the president (Donald Pleasence) is taken hostage by a group of inmates. Snake Plissken (Kurt Russell), a former Special Forces soldier turned criminal, is recruited to retrieve the president in exchange for his own freedom.

My Rating: 8/10

VS

Big Trouble in Little China

big-trouble-little-china_1535453711.jpg

I loved the ending as well, although I would have kissed her....

Synopsis: Kurt Russell plays hard-boiled truck driver Jack Burton, who gets caught in a bizarre conflict within, and underneath, San Francisco's Chinatown. An ancient Chinese prince and Chinatown crime lord has kidnapped a beautiful green-eyed woman, who is the fiancee to Jack's best friend. Jack must help his friend rescue the girl before the evil Lo Pan uses her to break the ancient curse that keeps him a fleshless and immortal spirit.

My Rating: 8/10

I think both films are great in their own way. I like them both a lot but give the nod to Escape. I thought the story was great and the cast is the best Carpenter has ever ensemble. I also enjoyed the film score a lot more too. Big trouble has the better action and is just as fun to watch but Escape is the winner for me.

It's pretty close. They're both peak Carpenter.

Big Trouble in Little China.

personally, I always to see a cross over with "the Last Dragon" and this film. that would have been great.

I have mad love for Escape from New York, but Big Trouble in Little China is to action comedies what Michaelangelo’s Pieta is to sculpture.

Big Trouble in Little China may be the more popular film. It's likely my favorite film. But as a kid, during late night weekends, nothing outshines Escape From New York.

Big Trouble in Little China

Well Big Trouble is the greatest movie of all time so…

I saw BTiLC when I was in high school, and I just didn't get into it, and I haven't seen it since. Based on the sherbros itt, maybe I should give it another go. That said, EFNY is right behind The Thing and Halloween on my Carpenter list

My poll decision took crackerjack timing.

Back