Errol Spence going get chin checked !!

Do you? Groves isn't the most consistent fighter, but Chudinov is mediocre. I think Groves outboxes him fairly clearly.
Well Groves is 1.22 vs 4.33 for Chudinov, so

I think Groves' best has past, and there's value in Chudinov. Chudinov is still on the rise IMO, and the timing could very well be perfect for an upset.

Thinking Brook has got this, own backyard, fought against GGG & Porter. This is Spence's first real test.
It's funny how fans and even Brook himself talk about how he fought GGG....but he f'ing lost! He had his moments in the fight but ended up with a broken orbital bone and a TKO loss. Brook has way more experience than Spence, sure, but he had me cracking up the way he was talking about fighting GGG way back at the initial press conference. All that being said, I'm thinking Brook wins it too. Spence is a big puncher but not so good defensively.

I want Spence to win but I've watched a lot of Brook an Spence's prior fights and I just can't see how you can favor Spence in this fight. He can definitely win but he's gonna have to show more then he has up until now. For example he HAS to move his head more, he can't just back up in a straight line when Kell leads with combinations, and he has to be careful with his body shot selection because Kell will be looking to counter those shots to the head. Also, Errol is a forward moving fighter and does not look comfortable at all when he is pushed on the back foot. Hopefully he has cleaned up these issues because he does have the offensive arsenal to bludgeon Kell. It's just the kinks in his defense that are concerning.

It's funny how fans and even Brook himself talk about how he fought GGG....but he f'ing lost! He had his moments in the fight but ended up with a broken orbital bone and a TKO loss. Brook has way more experience than Spence, sure, but he had me cracking up the way he was talking about fighting GGG way back at the initial press conference. All that being said, I'm thinking Brook wins it too. Spence is a big puncher but not so good defensively.

Yeah, he got steamed rolled but like you said, he showed moments which indicated a few things. He was willing to dish out punishment while receiving serious damage. Like a chin, you can't train heart.

Honestly, I just don't know enough about Spence to think he'll win this particular fight.

Well Groves is 1.22 vs 4.33 for Chudinov, so

I think Groves' best has past, and there's value in Chudinov. Chudinov is still on the rise IMO, and the timing could very well be perfect for an upset.

I'm not sure I see it even if those are decent odds. Groves is far better than a blown up and borderline shot Sturm, and even if Chudinov got robbed, he didn't really come close to dominating Sturm in their rematch.

Friends are soaking in the atmosphere at the weigh in, getting fanboy pics with all the greats while I'm sat here at work.

Friends are soaking in the atmosphere at the weigh in, getting fanboy pics with all the greats while I'm sat here at work.

Ouch. Been there.

Looking forward to this one.

Pffffff those guys are still a lil chubby

Fuck man, those guys make me feel like goin on a run.

I was gonna sleep on this fight and check the results later, but these fools look ready. Might be fight of the year on the sneak tip

I'm a Brook fan and I have to admit I do catch myself thinking how well he did in those 'couple' of rounds with GGG before GGG stomped on him. It's easy to do. And I'm also of the thinking that Brook is going to take this fight just through being more experienced and having more ring craft at this point in their relative careers. I think he'll land more and be defensively better in this fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back