News Erin Blanchfield vs Rose Namajunas official UFC Edmonton Main Event

Who Wins?

• Total voters
It's the fact that ribas got in the clinch numerous times in the first place. I've also just never seen rose deal well with heavy pressure, and for all Erin's faults, that's pretty much the one thing you can count on from her -- pressure. Even in her losing performance against manon, she was pressuring at a pace that rose never fights at. Rose is going to have to either crack that stupidly good chin of erin's, or maintain a pace that she never maintains.
We'll see. Rose was the first to crack Joanna and Weili chin. I did think it was pretty cool when Ribas bailed on one of those throws and dropped into a leg lock . That was slick as hell.

1. You're from New Jersey.
2. Pretty sure Fiorot was offered a title fight but turned it down, for whatever reason. Maybe she said she wasn't ready, I don't know, I don't really care about the W125 division.
3. Rose is a 2-time former champion, so I'm pretty sure the UFC would give her the push regardless of what some asshole fan from NJ thinks about it. If Fiorot isn't ready, someone else will take the opportunity.
4. Stop misquoting me and putting words in my mouth. And stop acting like a fucking baby. This is a division with a girl who lost to Felice Herring as the current champion.
1. Your name is TITS
2. It's nice of you to keep talking about something you admit not knowing or caring about.
3. Rose has also been on a recovering streak from an utterly embarrassing title outing, so it would also make sense for them to slowplay her until she gets that fire back. Fiorot is ready and has been ready for over 12 months. God forbid she have a knee surgery back in 2022.
4. I know it's easy to get mixed up because my vocabulary is so large, but that wasn't my words I put in your mouth, it was my dick.
<Irene2>

I used to be big on Rose until the Esparza fart. Now I am really just curious to see if Rose can come close to what I used to love about her. I also really like Erin, and I am most anxious to see how she has adapted after her last fight. The first real trouble she has had, and she strikes me as a fighter who will at least try to adapt, if not in style, then at least in game plan. I am just glad we have a couple really good and fun fighters willing to keep things rolling and show up!

For a second I thought Pat Barry let her go alone to the podcast, but nope he’s there with her like always.
So is her support dog, I expect.
You seem to expect that Pat calls the shots in that relationship. I think you're totally wrong and that Rose calls ALL the shots, not Pat. He has to go along with what SHE wants.

1. Your name is TITS
<{you!}>
2. It's nice of you to keep talking about something you admit not knowing or caring about.
<seedat>
3. Rose has also been on a recovering streak from an utterly embarrassing title outing, so it would also make sense for them to slowplay her until she gets that fire back. Fiorot is ready and has been ready for over 12 months. God forbid she have a knee surgery back in 2022.
{<redford}
4. I know it's easy to get mixed up because my vocabulary is so large, but that wasn't my words I put in your mouth, it was my dick.
<Irene2>
<{danayeah}>

Yeh, I can see that happening.

Then again, I thought Erin had a decent chance of beating Manon like that, but she didn't in the end.

Rose's cardio did look fine against Tracy and Ribas over 5, but Erin is a different sort of pressure and danger.

Gonna be a fun fight.
I guess I'm one of the only who saw Manon smashing Erin. That muscle mass goes a long way!!!
When you only weigh 125, and you're 11% body fat as opposed to...19%, yeah, big strength difference.

Same gameplan as Manon. Keep that shit on the feet

1. Your name is TITS
<Irene2>

You are such a loser.

<{cruzshake}>{<BJPeen}{<jimmies}

It was actually something that I said to my bud @Other lol.
Just lost my mind for a second or that's my story anyway lol
Refresh your memory by reviewing your post history. Re-read the forum rules - they apply to everyone.

If they both fight to the best of their abilities it will be a great fight and I'd give Rose a slight advantage because of her experience. They've both suffered missteps so for now I'm inclined to call it a tossup. Prior to her first Joanna J. fight Rose was known more for her grappling than for her striking and prior to her UD loss to Fiorot Blanchfield looked like she could submit nearly any opponent. That has all changed. This one may very depend more on striking and takedown defense. Interested in seeing how Blanchfield returns after a big loss and whether Rose continues her comeback trajectory.

Maybe watch the two Andrade fights again.The only thing that saved Rose in the rematch was the 3 round time limit.

I’m taking Erin in this one.

Hey, you could be right. The Jessica points are legit.

I just think Rose has had some of her better performances in fights where her opponent did not allow her to do what Pat told her to.

Nah Rose vs Maycee makes way more sense, that's a clear title eliminator. (After Manon Fiorot gets her shot)

After losing to Fiorot I don't think Blanchfield should be booked for a title eliminator, she should be 2 wins away from a title fight right now imo.
Even with a loss I still finding beating Santos and Andrade more contender worthy than beating Ribas and Chook, plus Erin was more impressive in her wins over lower competition than split decisioning Lee and Maverick.

Rose thread.

War Rose!

I'm probably wrong, but I really think some of these girls are just too big for her. That Manon thing was tough.

Well Erin was also overpowered by Manon, so there is that.
Rose thread.

War Rose!

I'm probably wrong, but I really think some of these girls are just too big for her. That Manon thing was tough.

Back