Erick Silva needs to go to a different camp

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Alexandergreat3, May 11, 2014.

1. Alexandergreat3

Alexandergreat3 In Fedor We Trust, amen™

For the longevity of his career and his health, I think Erick Silva needs to go to a different camp, such as Nova Uniao, to improve his standup skills. He fights like a brawler with no techniques, and takes too much damage in almost every fight.

If he keeps going like this, he might end up getting Parkinson's disease before he's 40 years old.

PS: Erick Silva looks like he's not mentally in the fight game any more. It's as if Jon Fitch took his soul.

2. spid3yo

spid3yo Guest

Didn't Rogan mention on his podcast about some weird training he does for camp? Or was he talking about somebody else?

3. Skydome

Skydome Banned Banned

I'd say his conditioning needs more help above anything else.

4. devilrojo145

devilrojo145 TheKaiZenKid

he should train with Roufusport :icon_twis

5. tenniswhiz

tenniswhiz Steel Belt

He could improve those things, but then find out that his best chance of winning is still to come straight out of the gate McFeddries Style.

6. yookfarb

yookfarb Red Belt

I feel like everyone makes this thread about any talented fighter who doesn't train at one of the top 10 or so most well known MMA gyms whenever they lose...

7. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

8. GordoBarraBJJ

GordoBarraBJJ Steel Belt

agreed - learning how to keep calm and not blow his energy in the first 3-4minutes.

No camp will help him become a cleaner striker - he is what he is as a striker.

9. ErnestoRoost

ErnestoRoost Brown Belt

He has to be more like Machida. In and out. He has to be near his opponent only when he wants to strike. He has the wrong mentality for his tools and loses his shit too easily. Come forward fighters are a bad matchup for him right now.

10. leosgf

leosgf Blue Belt

How do you know it is because of his camp? A lot of guys from that camp aren't brawlers. Maybe it's just his style, it's the way he likes to fight. I do think he needs to pace himself, come with a different approach and stuff, but you can't blame his camp.

11. JoshR86

JoshR86 Black Belt

The towel should've been thrown in, i mean he was totally un responsive in between rounds, completely gassed and was just taking a unnecessary beating, he needs to go into a camp where they protect there fighters incases where the fighters can't

12. Azn_Assassin

Azn_Assassin || Thunder Belt ||

I completely agree. He needs a different camp who will work out a tactical game plan. A training camp that wont let him get battered for three rounds and a camp that will freaking teach him how to defend standing strikes.

13. Alexandergreat3

Alexandergreat3 In Fedor We Trust, amen™

Normally, I would agree with you. However, in Silva's case, it wasn't like he was doing well technically and simply lost due to a superior opponent.

He basically showed that he could use a lot of improvement in proper standup techniques, especially in his defenses. He kept turning his back with hands down and ran along the cage when he's pressured.

14. Bazooka1**

Bazooka1** Banned Banned

It will be tough for him to transform his style at this point but imo only two camps can help him right now.

Nova uniao and Greg Jackson two thinking man's camos. If not these two than ge might aswell just hang em up.

15. Lito Lapida

Lito Lapida Brown Belt

he needs to go to BFC.

16. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

New coaches are a must.....did anyone hear his corner last night??

17. crazybull

crazybull Orange Belt

Silva is a good fighter and had a good run...why change camps for this fight with Matt Brown????
    If you are winning fights then obviously the camp is good and doing good things for the fighter,Silva was winning fights,then changes for this fight and looked terrible.
    There was no clear instructions to him,nothing about attacking Browns ribs,just them trying to rev him up. Bad corner.
    I think he should have stayed at his previous camp.Many great fighters there to bounce off.Changing camps cost him this fight.