Epic Beer Thread v29 - Real men like it bitter

Drinking this right now:

eviltwinfreudianslip.jpg

Really good. And as the guy at the store said "What a bargain of a beer". Only $4.

Pretty boozy, and really hoppy, and not just in the over bitter way of an American Style barley wine.

I might grab a few more and stash them till winter, see how they do.

The worst has happened. I sent a beer box to a friend and Fedex tracker now shows Damaged-handling per shipper instructions. This has never happened before. wtfffffff It should have arrived two days ago and it's been the same message now for 3 days.

You got to call them and see if they will allow your friend to pick it up or if they gonna throw it all away.

I had it happen 2 wks ago and the local fedex where I was shipping allowed him to pick it up. A single can burst and soak the box. They gave him the speech about not shipping beer and then I got the call a few days later with a warning but i am not worried about all that.

Ok, I'll try that and see if they can track it down and see what's up. fingers crossed

Sasquatch tried to ship me beer and 1 bottle broke and they sent it back to him.

My favorite local beer shop just got some new Amager, Evil Twin and Pizza Port beers. It's going to be a loong friday!! :D :D

Denmark is a bit far, let's see what I'll get today.

Got to try CBS last night and have a pour of KBS as well. CBS was the winner by a good margin. KBS didn't have the body CBS did and the sweetness from the syrup was just delicious. Not to say KBS wasn't outstanding but not on the level of CBS.

this one is pretty decent. No really super tart i guess. I have a hard telling the differance between Tart and Sour and no idea what a Gruit is.

Pretty easy to drink for a sour though. Or I am just starting to get use them more.

3 questions.

1. How close are you to de Garde? You seem to always have some of their stuff lying around.

2. What do those de Garde bottles cost?

3. Do you trade? :icon_chee

Got to try CBS last night and have a pour of KBS as well. CBS was the winner by a good margin. KBS didn't have the body CBS did and the sweetness from the syrup was just delicious. Not to say KBS wasn't outstanding but not on the level of CBS.

Congrats! Founders came through here with CBS and people camped out just to get a taste.

Last edited:
Congrats! Founders came through here with KBS and people camped out just to get a taste.

The CBS was a treat. I have had KBS before (hell, I have a 4pk of it at home) but the CBS was what got me out of the house. It lived up to the hype. Probably a top 5 BA stout for me.

I had a Bell's Saturn last night. Holy awesomeness. I can't believe how amazing that was, and we have another to age for a year or so.

I had a Bell's Saturn last night. Holy awesomeness. I can't believe how amazing that was, and we have another to age for a year or so.

I had 1 of my 6pk but I'm definitely going to sit the other 5 down for a while. I thought it was nice but super hot. And I'm not very sensitive to alcohol heat.

3 questions.

1. How close are you to de Garde? You seem to always have some of their stuff lying around.

I am not close, I just happens to get a bunch of bottles in a trade last month and now just drinking them off here and there. Its not a style that is a daily drinker for me. So 1 or 2 week is about what I can handle. I got 2 left I think.

But if your looking for some, Try Talkbeer. It gets traded there alot. The brewer used to post there alot but left a few months ago and he got tired of people bitching about Mules.

Edit : I guess he just came back recently.

Last edited:
3 questions.

De Garde is pretty renowned for being super cheap for the style.

The CBS was a treat. I have had KBS before (hell, I have a 4pk of it at home) but the CBS was what got me out of the house. It lived up to the hype. Probably a top 5 BA stout for me.

Oops, I meant CBS. I had like 4 chances to go but it wasn't enough to get me out of the house. I'm getting lazy.

De Garde is pretty renowned for being super cheap for the style.

I think they are 14-17$ a bomber. I THINK. I would pay that for the Cita one I had. the lemon flavor on that was awesome.

I have a Razberry and a Bosieberry left.

I think they are 14-17$ a bomber. I THINK. I would pay that for the Cita one I had. the lemon flavor on that was awesome.

I have a Razberry and a Bosieberry left.

I thought I remember reading that it was way less than that...like under $10. Could be wrong though, never had anything from them :(

Back