end of an era

Whitaker has another 2 years imo.

but yeah, Cejudo is gonna retire and I can't see Volk competing with a younger FW crowd anymore.

Shame that the main event ended the way it did.
Just proves that heading off into the sunset as a champ nowadays is close to impossible unless you hit those lights out early.

Yeah FW has had a bunch of killers for 5 years. Volk, Max, Ortega, Emmett and Yair etc they’ve just had a good run because they’re special talents.

Topuria is the start of the next wave. I don’t think the older guys are done but they’re going to have some tougher fights in the future.

Whittaker was never really a champion. He was an interim champ that got promoted to champ, won a robbery then got obliterated. He never beat a champ. Or a former champ or even a former title challenger until he fought vettori.
GSP only fought once at middleweight so lol at acting like he was a paper champ. Yoel/Whittaker was the real championship fight at that time

Yall aint slick sherdog yall was happy AF when izzy lost twice

{<jordan}

i aint hear none of these sob like eulogy speeches/ tributes
or nothing. but yeah it is an ending of an era POSSIBLY.

but with the right adjustments im sure he can win the rematch

but with the right adjustments im sure he can win the rematch
There could be a rematch.
But I don't think Volk's odds are too great in the case of an immediate rematch.
Usman 😢

Whittaker was never really a champion. He was an interim champ that got promoted to champ, won a robbery then got obliterated. He never beat a champ. Or a former champ or even a former title challenger until he fought vettori.
I mean he was promoted to champion due to all the fuckery with Bisping and GSP. Whittaker/Romero 1 was basically a vacant title fight, both were on big streaks at the time and seen as the top dogs until Izzy came along.
Whittaker was a champion.

With this logic you're using you could say someone like Oliveira was never champion because he never fought Khabib or beat any current/former UFC undisputed champions. That's stupid tho. This is just discrediting fighters for something out of their control, both Whittaker and Oliveira beat the best at the time to earn their titles.

Volkanovski era as the best is over, Cejudo is done fighting, Whitaker will no longer be a champion. they are legends and thank you for all the great fights🦾❤️🙏🏽

Aldo's era was better.

Volk just needs to move back to his natural weightclass of HW where all the old guys are at.

alex-volkanovski-instagram-post-794687420.jpg

This was the last changing of the old guard. Shev, Adesanya, Usman, now Volk. Usually the long reigning champs end up getting flash KO/submitted which is what makes the sport so exciting. Don't expect Volk to beat Topuria in the rematch. He ain't seeing gold again while Illia is on top. I don't think Volk fights again for the rest of the year, he and his team fucked up taking the Islam rematch on days notice. At this level you don't risk these opportunities unless you truly are coming in with no chips to lose (Aspinall, Bisping, Strickland). Out of every dominant champ that I've seen lose the belt after a loss only Izzy and Nunes reclaimed the gold. If DDP beats Izzy then the old guard will have officially changed.

LOL yeah BIsping was sure the legit champ beating 50 year old Hendo and losing to retired GSP who subsequently ducked Rob.

Try learning the sport before you spout your dumbass opinions off.

I mean he was promoted to champion due to all the fuckery with Bisping and GSP. Whittaker/Romero 1 was basically a vacant title fight, both were on big streaks at the time and seen as the top dogs until Izzy came along.
Whittaker was a champion.

With this logic you're using you could say someone like Oliveira was never champion because he never fought Khabib or beat any current/former UFC undisputed champions. That's stupid tho. This is just discrediting fighters for something out of their control, both Whittaker and Oliveira beat the best at the time to earn their titles.
Okay but what else is stupid is calling a 500 day period with one title fight in it an era when Whittaker was champion. There was no “era” where Whittaker was a champion. He was a champion for one fight longer than he should have been and he was only champ for one fight

LOL yeah BIsping was sure the legit champ beating 50 year old Hendo and losing to retired GSP who subsequently ducked Rob.

Try learning the sport before you spout your dumbass opinions off.
Bisping kod rockhold which is a better career win than any win Whittaker has

Besides topuria and probably Evloev, who are these up and comers at FW?

Back