Emulators

I lost my Commodore 64 emulator.
But before I played some Boulder Dash 2, Int Karate + and Ghostbusters.

I read you cannot easily make your own disc image of XBOX360 game.

Oh btw, much trouble getting a controller to work? Kind of imperitive for fight night.
With PCSX2 I'm able to use a DS4 without any controller emulators. You can try DS4Windows or XOutput. Load that prior to opening PCSX2. You have to map your inputs in PCSX2 once the controller is recognized.

Fight Night Round 3:

s2xh1y.jpg

Some more emulated PS2 goodness...

Soul Calibur III:
k3pro.jpg

Tekken 5:
2upcnr4.jpg

Capcom vs SNK 2:
fjq9vm.jpg

I forgot PS2 had HD mode for some games.

I forgot PS2 had HD mode for some games.
In this case CVS2 didn't have that mode available, it's a plugin within the emulator that allows you to do this. You can see a bit of clipping of the background in the top corners. Games that are completely polygonal can easily be put in widescreen format even if the original game didn't allow for it. Bit mapped images get stretched though. I'm also running at 4K.

Last edited:
I have a retro pie bartop arcade that I got recently that I play emulators though. A friend of mine actually built a few of these and I bought one from him.

The marquees weren't quite finished when he took this picture, but he put a bezel around where the light shines through. I bought the one on the left.

80e334e5-b4f7-4fce-9666-d07a011c1ba5

As far as getting roms here is a couple of sites that I use that have every thing and it's just a list of zip files. Unlike emuparadise you don't have any captchas or pop ups to deal with either.

This one is for Consoles, Hand-helds, and PC roms...

https://the-eye.eu/public/rom/

And this is the one I us for Mame. It can be kind of tricky as you only get the file names, but most are self explanatory; and even if you're curious to what a rom might be, just do a google search of the file name.

https://archive.org/details/MAME2003_Reference_Set_MAME0.78_ROMs_CHDs_Samples

That's amazing! I want a bartop arcade now and I don't even play videogames much anymore...

Cemu just because of BOTW. There's a guy who regularly posts guides and updates on progress of different emulators on youtube, mostly of new versions of Cemu. RPCS3 with Red Dead recently. Also Switch for Mario. Haven't tried the latter out, but Cemu's great.

Cemu just because of BOTW. There's a guy who regularly posts guides and updates on progress of different emulators on youtube, mostly of new versions of Cemu. RPCS3 with Red Dead recently. Also Switch for Mario. Haven't tried the latter out, but Cemu's great.
Ya BSOD, I've used his guides to get Cemu running and its one of the best emulators out there. Not just for BOTW, but for all of the Mario games as well. PS3 and Switch especially still need more time to develop. I need to mess with RPCS3 a bit more. I've got Street Fighter II HD running flawlessly on it.

I answered like this exact same thread a couple weeks ago. Is this the same TS? If it is, do you need help learning to torrent or something ?

Edit: I guess it is not the same TS. TS, forget emulator sites they are garbage. You can download entire libraries at a time through torrents.

Just downloaded an old doom emulator with modded maps on pc.

Faking wasd doesn’t work right on it and had to hook a controller up

ARG

nvidia shield, get a google play store 40 buck card and buy all the emulators you want (avoid retroarch on android, it's just not worth the headache), you'll have money leftover. then look for rom set torrents of the systems you want.

i play my shield more then my ps4 or pc, i have too many games and systems to really enjoy but i usually gravitate towards MAME. too much fun.

the last ROM I downloaded was one of the pokemon for a 3DS. First time I've played a pokemon game since Red/Blue. It was a lot of fun.
I had an N64 emulator, but it was kinda wonky. I usually stick to old stuff like SNES because they run well and take pretty much no set up.

It's pretty cool they release all these mini versions of C64, NES and SNES.
But I rather play on my emulator on PC with a XBOX 360 gamepad.
Even the C64 plays well with that gamepad.

While i understand why some emulation must be stopped, how can i play the games i used to pump a a lot of money into when i was a kid?

Who is going to release Qix for me to show my kids and for us all to try and get the best score?

I actually already own a fair few of the games i used to play as a kid, and me and my kids often compete(yeah, i bought 2 x £200 joysticks to give them an authentic experience)

But this just is just a bad thing overall, a lot of games will be lost, the history of video games is being hidden behind shitty console games and mobile phone games.

Thank god there is an arcade close to me dedicated to old arcade games, and it takes me about an hour to get there, but unless you have access to these places, you are basically at the hands of the modern gaming gods...which kind of sucks

You guys think a 1080 Ti could emulate PS3 or PS4 ?
I don't think what is holding up emulation of modern systems is the hardware it's the development of software. PS3 is already pretty far along with many games working and you don't even need a 1080 to run them.

Some 4K Widescreen Game Cube action with Dolphin:

Soul Calibur II:
2n1uscg.jpg

Knockout Kings 2003:
ae8ie8.jpg

Fight Night Round 2:
opxruf.jpg

Madden 07:
291lunk.jpg

Last edited:
Back