• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EMMYS 2014:: Bryan Cranston or Matthew McConaughey? (Best Actor)

8dae2290-5e4b-0131-ccf7-6601a181f594.jpg

My computer died a horrible death so I'm back on my machine from three years ago.

It is impossibly painful and photoshopping is really, really, really slow.

MM was fucking fantastic in True Detective and I think he deserves it, but there's almost no way Cranston doesn't get it considering the legacy Breaking Bad is leaving behind as a concensus top 3 drama ever.

McConaughey couldn't have done what Cranston did in Breaking Bad but Cranston could do what McConaughey did in True Detective.

That may be true, but can Cranston play a convincing male stripper?

giphy.gif

Two amazing dead on performances. Cranston 's character went through more on screen though; McConaughey's was more subdued through most of the series (not that pulling off what he did wasn't difficult, just not as difficult).

MM hopefully. Loved that performance, but won't be too upset if Cranston wins. He was great all through that show.

Weren't these shows out in different years?

My computer died a horrible death so I'm back on my machine from three years ago.

It is impossibly painful and photoshopping is really, really, really slow.

RIP Computer. How old?

Year and a half.

It might not be completely gone, might be able to replace the motherboard.

...So young....

I know nothing about computers, but that is why I got a Mac.
I have had my MacBook or 7 years now and all I've had to do is replace the battery and upgrade the memory. The guy I bring it to suggested I do another upgrade that he says will turn it into a "monster". Yes, they're expensive, but they're more reliable for guys like me who feel like a NASA engineer when I use fast keys.

They're both so top-shelf in their roles, this is a really tough one.

The cool thing is, I don't have to feel bad for whoever loses.

Cranston

... can already have a 4-way with his Emmys

maxresdefault.jpg

and McConaughey

... just won a freakin' Oscar.

matthew-mcconaughey-oscar-a-mejor-actor.jpg

...So young....

I know nothing about computers, but that is why I got a Mac.
I have had my MacBook or 7 years now and all I've had to do is replace the battery and upgrade the memory. The guy I bring it to suggested I do another upgrade that he says will turn it into a "monster". Yes, they're expensive, but they're more reliable for guys like me who feel like a NASA engineer when I use fast keys.

I managed a tech team for several years so I was surrounded by all the help I could ever want.

There was one guy, he was awesome. For a hundred dollars he'd take your machine apart (completely apart, down to the last screw), clean everything, put it back together and do... Everything.

You'd get it back, optimized, with all the best drivers and software you could ever want. The machine I'm on now is a piece of crap; it's a 64-bit machine but there wasn't a 64 bit driver for the video card... So he made one.

I miss that guy.

I managed an tech team for several years so I was surrounded by all the help I could ever want.

There was one guy, he was awesome. For a hundred dollars he'd take your machine apart (completely apart, down to the last screw), clean everything, put it back together and do... Everything.

You'd get it back, optimized, with all the best drivers and software you could ever want. The machine I'm on now is a piece of crap; it's a 64-bit machine but there wasn't a 64 bit driver for the video card... So he made one.

I miss that guy.

go on...
u7gey.gif

Related story; my friend's father is a high level engineer for Honeywell, all sorts of patents. I was having AC issues and he sent a friend over (another engineer), who services A/C's....as a hobby. I went from almost buying a new AC for at least 5K, to giving him a $100.

They're both so top-shelf in their roles, this is a really tough one.

The cool thing is, I don't have to feel bad for whoever loses.

Cranston

... can already have a 4-way with his Emmys

maxresdefault.jpg

and McConaughey

... just won a freakin' Oscar.

matthew-mcconaughey-oscar-a-mejor-actor.jpg

TD was just so amazing. I want to change my vote. The only way Rust doesn't walk away with this award is that time is truly a flat circle.

Heisenberg , but hopefully McConaughey doesn't ride Oscar momentum to win , Cranston's run in Heisenberg's last year was better than True Detective.

I want MM to win badly, but a nomination accounts for a single episode. Cranston has Ozymandias as his. MM was consistently fantastic throughout the entire season not just a single episode. I don't which episode TD submitted for MM.

Which episode could compete with Cranston's powerhouse performance in Ozymandias? Maybe the finale when Rust finally breaks down about his daughter?

I want MM to win badly, but a nomination accounts for a single episode. Cranston has Ozymandias as his. MM was consistently fantastic throughout the entire season not just a single episode. I don't which episode TD submitted for MM.

Which episode could compete with Cranston's powerhouse performance in Ozymandias? Maybe the finale when Rust finally breaks down about his daughter?

Yeah I'd say Walt's tapped phone conversation with Skyler, vs. Rust's in the wheelchair conversation with Marty.

Back