Eminem Just Dropped A Surprise LP with No Promo

I can believe that, but can you see how it would be possible for someone else to fall into the same marketing trap?

sure, it's technically solid and well produced.
I never said it won't be a hit, there just wasn't anything that I enjoyed.

How many people in the US have been gunned down today?

album is fire, best song:

screen-shot-2020-01-16-at-11.08.30-pm-e1579245199414.png

It is actually quite ingenious.

The artist knows they are not going to make money off of the songs, so why waste money marketing the project before it's released?

Think about it. While the artist is developing the project in stealth mode, they can spend more time, energy, and focus on the project without all the expectations and distractions. Creating higher quality content.

Then when it gets released, the artist's core fan base decides organically what is good, and then they start promoting the project for the artist. The artist then makes a video based on the feedback that they get from the fans while it is still relatively new, and then starts drumming up interest for the project to the rest of the market.

The artist goes on tour, and makes the same amount of money or more, without all the unnecessary costs and headaches.

It's better than investing lots of money on a perceived hit, only for it to turn into a flop.

@Sakurabaism
This.

Is anybody actually buying records or music anymore?

I remember back in 2011 when Immortal Technique released the Martyr for free. A bunch of independent rappers are doing that.

I’ve never listened to Eminem, so I don’t get this mom’s spaghetti business.

I recently listened to some of his old stuff. It has not aged well

In comparison to what? Lol. His old shit is good for sure. Some might be better like Jay z, nas, tupac, biggie, etc but not that many.

BTW.. I think Eminem music has been pretty wack since 2002. He sometimes shows some flashes of brillance tho.

But he can do whatever the hell he wants. He earned the right to it.

In comparison to what? Lol. His old shit is good for sure. Some might be better like Jay z, nas, tupac, biggie, etc but not that many.
It just comes across as trying way too hard to be controversial. More so than I remembered.

Eminem is the OG of selling out lol his music sucks now. Slim Shady was a legend, it's a pity he's not around anymore

Isn’t this dude like 50?

Why do people say this? Maynard Keenan is 55 and people were sucking his balls off when he released an album, eminem releases an album and it's lol he's like 40 something wtf lolz retire already lolz

Back