Elon Musk Its Embarrassing That The US Is Thumbing Rides From The Russians.

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbok_kXtjyY

Elon's always the pitch man and he has a working 5 person module that will be fully approved for use in 2015. It has already been used to bring supplies and repair equipment. But obviously Elon is pointing out the new problems the US is going to be facing keeping up the ISS.

Git 'er done, Elon. Take us back to the vanguard.

Yeah saw that on bloomberg. Absolutely embarrassing. Our space program is junk

Yeah saw that on bloomberg. Absolutely embarrassing. Our space program is junk
I wouldn't call it wholly "junk". It's definitely underfunded compared to what it was getting even just 30 years ago, and especially 50-60 years ago, but the problem seems to be our lack of infrastructure to connect to the space station.

i agree, its fucking retarded. We should have a much bigger budget for our space program. We canceled the 3 space shuttle replacement programs(VentureStar and the Lockheed Martin X-33 ) because our congress thought it was a waste of money? fucking pathetic.

side note: whats nasa budget?

Damn that blond reporter looks bangin!
Killing people cost money. Space can wait. The next LGM launch we do out here at Vandenberg we should strap a few astronauts to it and see how it goes.

I wouldn't call it wholly "junk". It's definitely underfunded compared to what it was getting even just 30 years ago, and especially 50-60 years ago, but the problem seems to be our lack of infrastructure to connect to the space station.

No shuttle replacement. And that has been like what 10 years? Way too long to not be replaced. I mean contract Boeing or a fat kid, someone who is domestic to do it

No shuttle replacement. And that has been like what 10 years? Way too long to not be replaced. I mean contract Boeing or a fat kid, someone who is domestic to do it
I'm simply maintaining a different perspective. Name 5 space programs stronger than our own.

I'm simply maintaining a different perspective. Name 5 space programs stronger than our own.

Russia. Still where we are and who we are, we should not have to beg for rides. And the Crimea crap may cancel our station all together now

That's one. Also, it's debatable. Space programs are much more than just shuttle fleets that ferry to space stations. There are satellites, probes, telescopes, other technology, and of course the astronauts themselves. Relative to what it was 30 years ago, yes, it's "junk", but in a broader spectrum, absolutely it's not.
Still where we are and who we are, we should not have to beg for rides.
Agreed. Try talking to the Republicans about that. Half of them want to kill NASA. Hell, it's all in vogue in that party to piss on PBS. Their priorities are all fucked up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_X-37

^ the thing is still in space, doing god knows what. it stay up in space for year's on end. But if you look at X-37C that MIGHT be the replacement for our shuttle, its kinda lame compared to the X-33 Venture star

America should stop making those ridiculous aircraft carriers and focus more on Space. What a waste of money they spend on military, and for what good? No country is going to threat the USA in the near future.

America should stop making those ridiculous aircraft carriers and focus more on Space. What a waste of money they spend on military, and for what good? No country is going to threat the USA in the near future.

The answer to yours and Ghosts posts; SPACE CARRIERS!!!

Wait... So the owner of a US Space company wants the US government to invest more in space?

Go figure.

He is 100% right. USA is the leader in space exploration and now the are hitching rides from Russia is embarrassing. The US needs to take some military spending and give it to the space program.

i agree, its fucking retarded. We should have a much bigger budget for our space program. We canceled the 3 space shuttle replacement programs(VentureStar and the Lockheed Martin X-33 ) because our congress thought it was a waste of money? fucking pathetic.

side note: whats nasa budget?

$17.4B if I recall correctly.

Threats to the U.S. has nothing to do with it.

I agree that hitching rides from the Russians is looking like a problem.

Back