Elections Elon Musk exposes what happened to the Hunter Biden Story

Whatever you want.

Either way: Guys like Trump and Musk buying out or starting their own media platforms just to alter the political discourse is wrong.

As opposed to what? Maintaining the status quo and doing the current government's bidding? How dare they step out of line, amirite? Reagan would've loved you.

You've lost the plot, dude. Just stop. You're arguing communist shit, and you don't even know it. You just fancy yourself on the "good" side, so everything opposed to it is wrong. Can you not see the absolute authoritarian insanity you're arguing? How dare people use there freedom to platform different views from your own!

Holy shit. You are totally gone.

As opposed to what? Maintaining the status quo and doing the current government's bidding? How dare they step out of line, amirite? Reagan would've loved you.

You've lost the plot, dude. Just stop. You're arguing communist shit, and you don't even know it. You just fancy yourself on the "good" side, so everything opposed to it is wrong. Can you not see the absolute authoritarian insanity you're arguing? How dare people use there freedom to platform different views from your own!

Holy shit. You are totally gone.

Wait, the status quo is the scary thing now?

I thought you were saying the scary thing is the laws the government COULD pass?

Authoritarian bullshit like the world's most powerful people directly owning media entities, though, that's NOT concerning?

Yeah, all right, buddy.

I think you got so tied up in your own argument you suddenly had to throw out "communist" just to seem like you made a point.

You didn't.

You're saying "how dare people use freedom to platform different views", but they're not "different views" if it's the actual former/possibly future President, is it?

You'd shit your knickers if the next big Democrat candidate bought out a massive media entity just to promote themselves and their views with, but because it's "your side", you're cool?

Nah, you're just confused, friend!

As if the brainwashed leftist NPCs care about their fascist overlords. They are so far gone simply scroll through this or any other thread in the war room.

As if the brainwashed leftist NPCs care about their fascist overlords. They are so far gone simply scroll through this or any other thread in the war room.

Sounds like you're scared of the monsters under the bed.

Who, or what, are you even talking about?

This doesn't seem to bear any resemblance to the discussion?

You're saying "how dare people use freedom to platform different views", but they're not "different views" if it's the actual former/possibly future President, is it?

Umm, yes? They aren't in power, correct? Are you retarded?

Just shut up, man. You've embarrassed yourself enough for one night. All you've managed to "argue" is that all media should conform to your views, and nobody else's. You're clearly too stupid to see it, but that is exactly what you're arguing for. Anything challenging those views should be illegal and shut down. That's your opinion in a nutshell.

Go to bed, comrade.

Umm, yes? They aren't in power, correct? Are you retarded?

Just shut up, man. You've embarrassed yourself enough for one night. All you've managed to "argue" is that all media should conform to your views, and nobody else's. You're clearly too stupid to see it, but that is exactly what you're arguing for. Anything challenging those views should be illegal and shut down. That's your opinion in a nutshell.

Go to bed, comrade.

Exactly the opposite but I believe you did your best.

All media should incorporate all legitimate views. Not just those of the rich owners.

See where you went wrong?

Night, dude.

Sounds like you're scared of the monsters under the bed.

Who, or what, are you even talking about?

This doesn't seem to bear any resemblance to the discussion?
You are part of the brainwashed NPCs, to be clear. The cavalier nature from you and your ilk regarding the blatant and controlled censorship in pre Musk Twitter orchestrated by Democrat Reich’s overlords has not only been accepted, but appreciated. Yuri was right about you.

It's a mark on Americans for putting up with the Federal Government actively censoring on a political basis and a MSM facilitating it by acting like it didn't happen. I think the ends justify the means for far too many people. Twitter has many former Intelligence agency employees including James Baker. You have that FBI Agent Elvis Chan targeting people to censor with Twitter Execs on a regular basis. It's a problem for a free society. The emails are there. It's amazing how the MSM can ignore massive stories like this one.
it really is disgusting.

Also, it's hilarious timing for that rant considering that Elon basically pulled the plug on the Twitter files with his Substack beef.

He's unfollowed all of the people that he gave access to cherrypicked internal info and shadow banned Matt Taibbi, which is just further proof that he's actually worse for "free speech" than the previous regime than ran the app.
Elon is not for free speech... big deal. He's 1 guy lol

Elon is not for free speech... big deal. He's 1 guy lol

People are just pointing out the hypocrisy of him and his cheerleaders. The consistent ones here are the ones that pointed out, correctly, that twitter as a private company, is free to host whatever content they wish. If Elon wants to turn it into a right wing circle jerk, he's welcome to it. Now the value of the company is half of what it was when he bought it, so it's not a particularly smart move, but it's his to make.

The lost are the ones who, first, incorrectly tried to claim that the WH asking for leaked nude pics not to be hosted somehow equated to state action, and therefore violated the 1st Amendment rights of people who wanted to tweet pics of Hunter's dick. A couple of us were patient enough to explain the law to them and how their position was quite retarded. It was a wasted effort, as the dumbest of the dumb are now just spouting outright lies like "The FBI ordered twitter to silence Donny!"

And now we arrive at the end where every prediction by the right has failed to come true, and the last of the partisans are left crying that the real reason this story never gained any traction wasn't because it was bullshit from the get go, but because of a, yet again, international media coverup.

There aren't any multi-multi-trillonaires out there, so sleep tight. Be more worried about the government writing laws in an effort to control all media outlets.
It's already been happening to some extent, look at someone like Rupert Murdoch who owns; Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Fox News, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Post, and more. Bezo's bought WAPO for a measley 250 million dollars in 2013.

All that pales in comparison to Musk buying Twitter though, which is without a doubt the most expensive media acquisition in history. That an individual could find 44 billion dollars to buy one of the largest platforms in the world basically on a whim, is grotesque. The 400 richest Americans added roughly 4.5 trillion of wealth in a single year. Musk alone added almost 200 billion during the pandemic. With the trajectory it's going, individuals will have enough money to buy pretty much anything they want. We're talking entire industries.

No one should have that much money.

It's already been happening to some extent, look at someone like Rupert Murdoch who owns; Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Fox News, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Post, and more. Bezo's bought WAPO for a measley 250 million dollars in 2013.

All that pales in comparison to Musk buying Twitter though, which is without a doubt the most expensive media acquisition in history. That an individual could find 44 billion dollars to buy one of the largest platforms in the world basically on a whim, is grotesque. The 400 richest Americans added roughly 4.5 trillion of wealth in a single year. Musk alone added almost 200 billion during the pandemic. With the trajectory it's going, individuals will have enough money to buy pretty much anything they want. We're talking entire industries.

No one should have that much money.

This actually isn't the gotcha question it is going to seem like, as you're a good faith and quality poster, but... How much should they have? Not looking for a dollar figure or something here. But, generally, what kind of limits should be imposed? I know this isn't your area, but you probably have some types of restrictions in mind.

I don't entirely disagree with the sentiment. I just find there are a lot of unintended consequences when I try and work out what the limit should be.

This actually isn't the gotcha question it is going to seem like, as you're a good faith and quality poster, but... How much should they have? Not looking for a dollar figure or something here. But, generally, what kind of limits should be imposed? I know this isn't your area, but you probably have some types of restrictions in mind.

I don't entirely disagree with the sentiment. I just find there are a lot of unintended consequences when I try and work out what the limit should be.
I think if we agree that wealth inequality is out of control and that the trajectory of wealth creation by the ultra-rich is concerning, then figuring out how to do something about that would be the next step. There is no doubt in my mind that it has to be regulated to some extent by the government, or we would be living in at best an oligarchy (arguably is the case) and at worst feudalism.

I wouldn't know the best way to do it, but taxes come to mind. Raising top marginal tax rates, wealth taxes, billionaire taxes, so on. It's been done before with pretty good success. Taxes aren't just about redistribution, they help keep inequality in check as well.

Last edited:
I think if we agree that wealth inequality is out of control and that the trajectory of wealth creation by the ultra-rich is concerning, then figuring out how to do something about that would be the next step. There is no doubt in my mind that it has to be regulated to some extent by the government, or we would be living in at best an oligarchy (arguably is the case) and at worst feudalism.

I wouldn't know the best way to regulate this, but taxes come to mind. Raising top marginal tax rates, wealth taxes, billionaire taxes, so on. It's been done before with pretty good success. Taxes aren't just about redistribution, they help keeping inequality in check as well.
it is an interesting theory and warrants its own thread.

back when it was implemented in the past, it wasnt as easy to pack up and live somewhere else and play that game, now with shell corps, work from home, I do wonder what would happen. Would social media still exist, amazon, tesla and the subsequent electric revolution, would it matter? I would like to see a smaller state experiment.

Not what I thought

@Siver!

is this you interviewing Elon?

The key here is Elon "South African" Musk is defining what is hateful content how about Titter, how about boob meme Elon posted, why is that hateful is many are offended that could be defined at hateful. He personally attack a guy sexuality claiming he was a gay trolling for teenage boys in Thailand. Let me go on. That BBC reporter needs to get his facts down before interviewing anyone he was the worse. I believe I saw a while ago that one thread on Twitter the N word showed up like dozens of times nearly 100 times and nothing was done. The increase in such actions have increased 3 fold since Elon took over.

"
Before Elon Musk bought Twitter, slurs against Black Americans showed up on the social media service an average of 1,282 times a day. After the billionaire became Twitter’s owner, they jumped to 3,876 times a day.

Slurs against gay men appeared on Twitter 2,506 times a day on average before Mr. Musk took over. Afterward, their use rose to 3,964 times a day.

And antisemitic posts referring to Jews or Judaism soared more than 61 percent in the two weeks after Mr. Musk acquired the site.

These findings — from the Center for Countering Digital Hate, the Anti-Defamation League and other groups that study online platforms — provide the most comprehensive picture to date of how conversations on Twitter have changed since Mr. Musk completed his $44 billion deal for the company in late October. While the numbers are relatively small, researchers said the increases were atypically high."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back