• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elite UFC Fighters to never win a belt

I'm aware Overeem has fallen on some hard times recently but look at the guys he's beat. How do you include guys like Cowboy and not him.

Kind of stretching the word elite here. By definition you have to win the belt to be elite.

Not counting CM punk, you have to be a 1% er in the first place. You kind of need that 8 pounds of gold to be elite.

With about 1,000 fights happening per weekend you could argue just being in the UFC is being elite (not counting CM Punk types).Would a phenomenal 3x NCAA D-1 champ have to win a gold in the Olympics just to be called elite?Really just how you look at it but saying you have to be champion to be considered elite is silly to me,but that's just my opinion.

Kind of stretching the word elite here. By definition you have to win the belt to be elite.

Not counting CM punk, you have to be a 1% er in the first place. You kind of need that 8 pounds of gold to be elite.

Where is that definition found? It is pretty exact. I would have thought elite was pretty vague and subject to interpretation. Elite could mean only champs, or it could include all those who fight in the UFC. I think it makes the most sense to assume in this case it is meant the way that makes sense for the discussion, particularly when the OP gave an example of what he meant.

Where is that definition found? It is pretty exact. I would have thought elite was pretty vague and subject to interpretation. Elite could mean only champs, or it could include all those who fight in the UFC. I think it makes the most sense to assume in this case it is meant the way that makes sense for the discussion, particularly when the OP gave an example of what he meant.
Elite... have to include the top contenders... Can be the top 5 of each div... perhaps even top7 if the div is stacked (LW)...

1. Urijah Faber (WEC don’t count)
2. Alexander Gustafsson
3. Donald Cerrone
4. Demian Maia
5. Chad Mendes
6. Mark Hunt
7. Yoel Romero
8. Gegard Mousasi
9. Rory MacDonald
10. Joe Benavidez/ John Dodson
Imo Cerrone nd Hunt arent elite MMA fighters.

And im a big fan of both.

1. Urijah Faber (WEC don’t count)
2. Alexander Gustafsson
3. Donald Cerrone
4. Demian Maia
5. Chad Mendes
6. Mark Hunt
7. Yoel Romero
8. Gegard Mousasi
9. Rory MacDonald
10. Joe Benavidez/ John Dodson
none of these guys are elite

e·lite
əˈlēt,āˈlēt/
noun
  1. 1.
    a select part of a group that is superior to the rest in terms of ability or qualities.

Moose and rory have lost to every elite caliber ufc fighter they ever faced. Neither is elite. Moose failed every contender matchup(including a cherry picked hall) rory failed his bid and was severly beaten by wonderboy. Wasnt even a competitive fight. Woodley is the only big win between the 2 of them. That's why they are a bellator "super fight"

Moose and rory have lost to every elite caliber ufc fighter they ever faced. Neither is elite. Moose failed every contender matchup(including a cherry picked hall) rory failed his bid and was severly beaten by wonderboy. Wasnt even a competitive fight. Woodley is the only big win between the 2 of them. That's why they are a bellator "super fight"
I see...

vacuum.gif

1. Mousasi... by far
2. Jacare... screwed in the Romero fight, ducked by others
3. Rory
4. Yoel

Rumble Johnson

Gus has lost to Rumble, Jones & DC - I don't see why you have him at #2

Gus had 2 title fights, both decisions, both toughest fights for Jones and DC.
Rumble had 2 title fights, being finished in both of them because of his poor fight IQ.

Prove me wrong. Woodley is it. Id favor Woodley of today to put rory to sleep inside of 3. Moose has never beaten an elite ufc champ (outside of weidman fuckery) and rory beat maia (career of coming up short) and beat Att Woodley. Anything i missed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back