• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Electors Trying to Take Election From Trump

Shit to defend the state against the tyranny of government oppression is the whole reason for the 2nd amendment. And these two clowns are wanting to test waters...incredibly irresponsible of them and the reporting media.

How do these guys get this job? You would think that it is one of the most important jobs available but look at those guys in the video. One of them is Michael Baca of Colorado. I can't find any info on him right now but he looks about 28 years old. How does that guy get appointed as an Elector of the Electoral College?

vlcsnap-2016-11-15-20h13m13s421_1479266078960_7046472_ver1.0.png

Look at it from their point of view, you can bet millions of angry Dems have been bombarding them with texts and emails demanding they try. They'd have to go into hiding if they didn't give it a go and attempt to look convincing....

Kind of weird to see actual people from the Electoral College. Part of me expected they would be wearing judge's robes with white curly wigs.

Yea its kinda strange. The guy from Colorado is Michael Baca and the one from Washington is P. Brett Chiafolo. The Electoral College votes on Dec. 19th and these two idiots are actually trying to get the election reversed. I wonder if either one of them has the slightest clue what that might set off if they were successful.

Yea its kinda strange. The guy from Colorado is Michael Baca and the one from Washington is P. Brett Chiafolo. The Electoral College votes on Dec. 19th and these two idiots are actually trying to get the election reversed. I wonder if either one of them has the slightest clue what that might set off if they were successful.

Don't worry, they won't be successful.

Good thing I'm on the side of the silent majority who holds most of the guns.

Would this really be the major factor?

Isn't it way more important, how would the military react to such a conflict? I mean lets be honest, the side which will be supported by the us army should win this.

Isn't it way more important, how would the military react to such a conflict? I mean lets be honest, the side which will be supported by the us army should win this.

You do know there are people in the military who are pro Trump right? It would be an all out civil war.

Would this really be them major factor?

We got them too in addition to law enforcement.

How do these guys get this job? You would think that it is one of the most important jobs available but look at those guys in the video. One of them is Michael Baca of Colorado. I can't find any info on him right now but he looks about 28 years old. How does that guy get appointed as an Elector of the Electoral College?

vlcsnap-2016-11-15-20h13m13s421_1479266078960_7046472_ver1.0.png
Jesus, how do I get that gig?

The military hasn't done shit about the recent protests/civil unrest why would they start now?

My guess is most would follow orders, initially.

But after the damage is done, utter chaos. Full blown civil war with the conservatives winning.

"Across all branches of military service, Trump had a strong majority, Military.com reported. A total of 17,149 respondents completed the questionnaire, the website reported.

A breakdown by service found Trump has the support of 74 percent of Marines and Marine Corps Reserve respondents; 68 percent of Army, Army Reserve and Army National Guard; 68 percent of Air Force, Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard; and 62 percent of Navy and Navy Reserve respondents."

My guess is most would follow orders, initially.

But after the damage is done, utter chaos. Full blown civil war with the conservatives winning.
You'd probably have a few states actually try and leave the union.

I know he's not sworn in yet, but could this still be considered an act of treason?
No. Treason has a specific meaning in the us Constitution. It is not "everything that makes logicalinsanity unhappy.". Unless they take up arms against the United States or otherwiseside with and support a country at war with us, they aren't commiting treason.

Anyways, they shouldn't do this because it is bad for democracy, but it is a power that the electoral college (arguably-hasnt been tested in court) gives to them.

And the butthurt pouring from people who were extolling the virtues of the electoral college for the past week is deliciously salty. Especially given that some were cheering, prior to the election, the Washington faithless elector who was pledging not to vote for Clinton.

The Electoral College Was Designed To Prevent Trump. You Can Make This Happen.

11/10/2016 01:39 pm ET | Updated 2 days ago

The requirement here is modest: a small group of Republican electors must be persuaded to vote their conscience. No question that many of these are appalled at the prospect of a Trump presidency; surely a few are courageous enough to cast a vote for someone else. (Most if not all would vote for another Republican, of course; it doesn’t seem likely that many would choose Hillary Clinton.) Depending upon how current recounts turn out, somewhere between a minimum of ten and a maximum of thirty-seven electors would have to defect in order to bring Trump’s count down to less than 270.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/douglas-anthony-cooper/the-electoral-college-was_b_12897066.html?

Back