Elder dropping knowledge

e52d14a3-b4f7-4765-904d-32c7fc4a6dd3_text.gif

Some of us know, and some of us need to hear it again.

The rest of us Skins that hear this on a regular…

“I Know, I know Gramps…you told me last time. Mom just sent me over for the lawnmower”.

The rest of us Skins that hear this on a regular…

“I Know, I know Gramps…you told me last time. Mom just sent me over for the lawnmower”.

Yeah, we lose the meaning sometimes but that doesn't make them wrong brother.

Yeah, we lose the meaning sometimes but that doesn't make them wrong brother.
What age do you think this way of thinking begins in men..?

I notice it’s around 40-45ish, that’s usually when life and health catches up and men realize their mortality.

That is when I notice most men out there starting to think and talk in such ways of this world and this life..

What age do you think this way of thinking begins in men..?

I notice it’s around 40-45ish, that’s usually when life and health catches up and men realize their mortality.

That is when I notice most men out there starting to think and talk in such ways of this world and this life..
I started around 30 brother.

I was around 38,

I’m a late bloomer…

It was the year I quit doing drugs, and started to talk to more elders.
They put my head straight in more ways than one brother.

It was the year I quit doing drugs, and started to talk to more elders.
They put my head straight in more ways than one brother.
They tend to do that don’t they..

But you are right, you really do not start to listen and appreciate their learned knowledge until you have a clear and clean understanding.

I just joke about it, because in my experience it seems every reservation I’ve been to, every guy drunk or sober begins to speak like they are an all knowing and wise medicine man at around mid 30’s.

Not saying they are wrong in what they say, just saying that is usually the age I see men come into to that way of thinking…

They tend to do that don’t they..

But you are right, you really do not start to listen and appreciate their learned knowledge until you have a clear and clean understanding.

I just joke about it, because in my experience it seems every reservation I’ve been to, every guy drunk or sober begins to speak like they are an all knowing and wise medicine man at around mid 30’s.

Not saying they are wrong in what they say, just saying that is usually the age I see men come into to that way of thinking…
Most of us tend to get caught up in the bullshit around us which muddies the mind with a cloud of sorts.

That cloud really puts a haze over the words that elders say.
Whether its simple knowledge or very deep, we only look at our current situation which in many ways is full of shit so we think its always gonna be like that.

Once we see clear as you said, it opens up doors that previously seemed unattainable.

The real ones leave the bullshit behind and seek new experiences with eyes open, and the ones that think they know it all, or the ones that think things will always be shit are often left behind.

We walk in many different shoes until we find the ones that fit, and some walk in shoes that don't fit at all but never step into new ones to see what it feels like for things to be right, and the shoes that carty up there will never do their job if they don't fit correctly.

It takes a lot of heart, and courage to step out of those ill fitting shoes, and that's why so many are stuck in shoes that tear up their feet.
They lack the courage and heart so the rut becomes too comfortable and complicated to put the right ones on.

Sorry for the rant.

Back