• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Spoilers Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree DLC

Decided to level my Mage to 150. Going to use a Cold Infused Knighrider Glaive with Ice Spear for my main weapon.

So I was reading that there’s supposed to be a preload for PS5 48 hours in advance of launch, but so far I haven’t been prompted for anything on my end. Any of my Sherbros on PS5 seen any indication of a preload yet as were less than 48 hours away now.

@Dizzy @Valhoven
Haven’t seen anything on preloads and I won’t have my key until tomorrow most likely. I don’t even think my preorder bonus can be redeemed yet.

Man I don't know anything about this expansion but I guess it's blowing people away. Do you play it with a new character or your character that you beat the game with?

I like the game a lot, but it's been like 2 years since I last touched it. A little daunted at the prospect of relearning it

Man I don't know anything about this expansion but I guess it's blowing people away. Do you play it with a new character or your character that you beat the game with?

I like the game a lot, but it's been like 2 years since I last touched it. A little daunted at the prospect of relearning it

Just use your existing character as it’s meant to be end game content. If you start a new character you’re going to want to get him to at least level 125 with some top level gear and you have to defeat Mogh before you can access the new dlc areas.

Been avoiding everything related to the DLC except a general overview of some things.

Will be avoiding this subforum like the plague until I rip through at least twice. Then I'll report back with review and any cool info!

Happy gaming to all the Elden Brothers in the house this Friday!!!

I'm really hoping they go back to the OG Dark Souls Boss design with the DLC instead of this new terrible direction with Elden Ring of having bosses just be flailing hit boxes with very minimal windows of punishment. Don't have my hope up but hopefully at least the new areas will be fun to explore.

Agree. I’ve speculation behind it but I can’t remember if it was unpopular. With ER, they didn’t design a SP game – but in deviation of prior works a co-op/MP one rather, I’ve said.
Doesn’t sound like that’s happening.

"Perhaps in Sekiro, it appears most obviously or it's the clearest form that I think that philosophy can embody," Miyazai says. "And personally, I think there's one more level we can crank it up to and sharpen that and hone in on that mechanic even more, but I think Sekiro was a big turning point."

Last edited:
So I was reading that there’s supposed to be a preload for PS5 48 hours in advance of launch, but so far I haven’t been prompted for anything on my end. Any of my Sherbros on PS5 seen any indication of a preload yet as were less than 48 hours away now.

@Dizzy @Valhoven
Yeah, same; nor anything queued for install. Just logged off after freeroaming for a couple hours. This was me tonight:

IMG_4646.jpeg

Got my final Talisman’s, Ashes of War, and leveled a few weapons. Discovered Great Stars which is completely awesome. Going in as a Str/Faith build which I’ve never done before but I needed some variety.

I still kick ass but now:

I%20kick.jpg

If anyone has been gaming for a while you probably know that launch trailers go completely crazy with the spoilers. They're made for anybody on the fence so the philosophy behind making them is to show as much cool shit as possible in order to bring as many players as possible. I avoid launch trailers for every game now and I heard this one is particularly bad so I suggest skipping it entirely.

Wait... does this release today or Friday? Steam is saying in five hours!

Fuck I don't have time for a new character. Hopefully I didn't roll all my old saves into NG+.

They've took the knockdown effect of Taker's Flame off the Blasphemous Blade

They finally made it so you can summon Torrent during the Elden Beast boss fight.

Wait, are you serious? If they’re going to give us Torrent for that fight they need to rename him Elden Jobber because he’d basically become one of the easiest bosses in the entire game.

Wait... does this release today or Friday? Steam is saying in five hours!

Fuck I don't have time for a new character. Hopefully I didn't roll all my old saves into NG+.
Think it releases at midnight Japan time on Steam.

Holy fucking shit, they nerfed Envoy Longhorn too. My original launch build that was strength/faith is completely useless now without OP blasphemous blade and OP Envoy longhorn. Depending on which boss you were fighting that build was making them its bitch.

Malenia and Radagon? Blasphemous blade GG.

Fire giant and Placidusax? Envoy longhorn bubble shower GG.

Damn. Best of luck out there @Dizzy with your first ever strength/faith build, lol.

Back