Eggs are Natural Statins

MikeMartial

Black Belt
Reaction score
Taken from The Modern Forager website, written by Skylar Tanner:

Recent research suggests eggs mimic the cholesterol lowering effects of statin drugs

Last week, a client of mine brought her husband in to observe her training session. A recently retired college professor, he was in typical academic shape: sharp of the mind but dull in the stomach. At 78 years old, however, he

And to think, cholesterol used to be why so many people said not to eat eggs.

Another good find Mike.

Eggcellent news on this increasingly perfect and convenient food.

Thanks Mike. I had an argument awhile back with some guy who is coming out with a cook book. He had said that he recommends for everyone to stay away from whole eggs and just eat whites since the yolks are bad for you and your cholesterol. lol! What a joke. I schooled him anyway but this just further proves my point.

Hmmm I see you read the blogs I read :)

Good thread. People at work all the time tell me I eat "too many eggs. You're gonna have a heart attack."

I don't even try to tell them anything anymore. Nice to read more on why eggs are good for me.

Lol and I was about to start an "Is the yolk REALLY bad for you thread"

Because I am on a basic foods diet and its beyond boring!

When a hard boiled egg is a treat you know what I mean. :D

I didn't see any reference to the part of the egg they ate, but common sense leads me to think it was the whole thing or else they would've said.

But I wonder how much is too much? I eat a couple eggs every couple days. Eggs, turkey, tomato, and cheese makes for a quick and tasty anytime snack!

Well I'm going to eat my eggs and quit tossing the yolks!

I didn't see any reference to the part of the egg they ate, but common sense leads me to think it was the whole thing or else they would've said.

But I wonder how much is too much? I eat a couple eggs every couple days. Eggs, turkey, tomato, and cheese makes for a quick and tasty anytime snack!

Well I'm going to eat my eggs and quit tossing the yolks!

The study points to the cholesterol itself functioning like a statin drug. This means the yolk of the egg is what does it. There is no reason to throw the white away, though. Eat them whole.

Too bad the "egg" section of the FAQ doesn't include this little gem....wish I could get access to that thing...lots of good egg info around here that's not in it.

Back