Media Effects of a spinkick to the body on normal person vs professional fighter: ft. Max Holloway

The damage is directly proportional to how close to the liver it lands

Well, you have to be able to take it to become a fighter.

Showtime took that shot hooked into his liver and just ate it like it was Scar-Jo's pussy.
Hespect.

If you watch mma and have never been hit hard before you might be thinking it doesn't hurt that much lol. I guarantee you any non trained person who gets spinning back kicked to the body by a pro fighter will feel like they are about to vomit out their intestines. Even a normal person spnning kicking another person in the body would hurt like hell. Same goes for leg kicks. Have some random person you know kick you as hard as they can in the leg then imagine a pro fighter like Barboza kicking you in the leg 25 times.

giphy.gif

pettis had his feet staggered so he was able to absorb the blow easier, standing square and taking a shot hurts a lot worse

If that was Joe Rogan instead of Max that dude would of flew through the wall..

If you watch mma and have never been hit hard before you might be thinking it doesn't hurt that much lol. I guarantee you any non trained person who gets spinning back kicked to the body by a pro fighter will feel like they are about to vomit out their intestines. Even a normal person spnning kicking another person in the body would hurt like hell. Same goes for leg kicks. Have some random person you know kick you as hard as they can in the leg then imagine a pro fighter like Barboza kicking you in the leg 25 times.

I've been spinning back kicked by an amateur kickboxer and a pro MMA fighter. Both hurt like hell, but the pro hit me square in the liver full force and I didn't see it coming. It hurts as bad maybe worse than getting kicked in the balls full force. Was rolling around on the floor for 2 minutes in agony - seriously thought he had ruptured some internal organs.

Clip in the OP looks like Pettis partially defended - at least he saw it coming and adjusted. If he had been hit hard flush in the liver, I don't see how anyone would be able to continue the fight. Seriously feels like you want to puke, shit yourself and cry at the same time, while not being able to breathe.

Last edited:

I must be honest I puked once because of leg kicks. It happens :)

Holloway just doesn’t have much power. He’s a great fighter, tons of cardio & volume, but very little power though.

Well it’s not like fighters have some special ability to absorb that kind of stuff lol if you’re gonna fight, odds are you’re going to get punched or kicked in the body and unless you want to immediately fold when it happens, you have to condition your body for it.

We have days where we take turns kicking each other in the body with pads on and not full strength of course, but just to build your body up to handle it.

Watch this shit with mike Tyson working his body if you haven’t watched it before. Skip to 3 minutes in

Well it’s not like fighters have some special ability to absorb that kind of stuff lol if you’re gonna fight, odds are you’re going to get punched or kicked in the body and unless you want to immediately fold when it happens, you have to condition your body for it.

We have days where we take turns kicking each other in the body with pads on and not full strength of course, but just to build your body up to handle it.

Watch this shit with mike Tyson working his body if you haven’t watched it before. Skip to 3 minutes in

I was more impressed with his impaired ability to hit the speed bag consistently

Completely unfair comparisson, but ok...

I was more impressed with his impaired ability to hit the speed bag consistently
Tyson was a god damn animal back then. He’s known for his knock outs but his foot work and head movement were damn near perfect.

1. Obviously, a professional fighter will take a shot better than a random person off the street.
2. The kicks landed in different places.
3. The recipients were different sizes and had different stances.

Back