News Edson Barboza vs Justin Gaethje official for UFC Philly on March 30th

Who wins?

• Total voters
gaethje puts on exciting fights but not really a fan.

The fight I’m most hype for so far of anything that’s been announced this year

Nope it's pretty much guaranteed violence, I only watch to see dudes trying to dry hump each other.

Either way, it should be an exciting fight! Will not want to miss it.

Barboza takes this in one round. We've seen what he does to fighters who constantly move forward in a straight line.

Gaethje didn't move forward in a straight line against Vick, he did really good cutting off the cage then blasting him and Barboza has trouble with pressure. Either guy can win this but whoever can dictate the range will have a big advantage.

Gaethje is always on the right end of leg kicks. How often have we seen him check kicks from his opponents? His best bet is to blitz Edson and use his rasslin. Otherwise this is going to look like Barboza vs Hooker.

If Justin doesn't fight smart with a wrestling based game plan, Barboza is going to cripple him.

He can fight similar to his normal style, Barboza is far less effective if you pressure him since he can't kick well very close and Gaethje can.

Barboza can obviously land something big and win, but I can't see him handling JG's pressure. Barboza folds under pressure.

should be a good scrap

I think Justin takes it. via pressure and a big overhand to the dome

Barboza can obviously land something big and win, but I can't see him handling JG's pressure. Barboza folds under pressure.
Barboza is better at distance but he never folds. He wouldn't have still been going strong in the 5th against Lee with his eyes swollen shut if he was the type to fold under pressure.

Great fight to make. Can't see this not being a barn burner

I think Gaehtje will destroy Barboza but he is going to eat a lot of kicks first

Gaethje smash

giphy.gif

Barboza doesnt like guys that are all the time in his face. I think Justin KOs him unless he gets caught with something flashy.

Not only will it be a battle of who has the better chin, it'll most likely come down to who has the better shin.

gaethje-wall-leg-kick-comp-2.gif

d45874f386f83a47a6c2739856c7dce5.gif

giphy.gif

barboza-lullo-gif.gif

barboza-oliveira-gif.gif

04530c37f46f7dcb9686101345552887.gif

Horrible boxing defense vs. not defending leg kicks. Leaning towards Barboza.

Why does Barbi face nothing but killers. He never gets an easy fight.

Awesome fight.
Either versus Iaquinta would have been great for me too, so I suspect Iaquinta vs. Poirier is incoming (fuck me, what a series of LW battles we got coming...….as long as its Khabib vs. Ferguon and no a fucking Conor rematch).

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/...greed-on-for-ufc-on-espn-card-in-philadelphia

What do you guys think? Yes we all know gaetjhe is vulnerable and suscepitble to taking big shots but Barboza's biggest weakness by FAR, is fighting against fighters who consistently pressure him and prevent him from having any room for kicks. Mind you, that is pretty the definition of gaethje's style if you were to sum it up ! At the same time, barboza has got a chin and heart to back it up. Can't really pick a winner, this would be a really hard to pick but if I was to bet on it, I'd say barboza lines up a flying knee like he did with dariush and kos him. Oh man, lets hype this

tenor.gif

Back