Edson Barboza and Brazilians

Warrior99

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
There's something I'm confused about. Edson Barboza represents Brazil but he seems to be getting no love from the Brazilian crowd, he got boo'd last night at the weigh-in and he got boo'd tonight, is there a reason for this?

Seemed they were booing cause he chose to answer the questions in english. Doesn't explain the weigh ins but I didn't watch em so couldn't answer that part for ya.

I thought he was getting booed because he was speaking english first. Not Portuguese

Yep, there's a reason

He's from Rio de Janeiro
Lucas Martins from Sao Paulo

:p

At the weigh-ins there was a lot of fans in the audience for Martins so maybe that's why he was booed yesterday. I think he was booed initially after he won because he was speaking in English to Anik. They applauded him after he spoke in Portuguese and thanked the fans.

He was booed after his victory during his interviewed where he spoke in English, but then at the end he switched to Portuguese saying he loved everyone and then was cheered. You do what you gotta do.

Also Martins looked like he had no penis, I mean it was just flat there. Barboza had a visible protrusion. Maybe there was a no-penis bias.

Speaking English at the post fight may have had something to do with it

Don't know if the crowd knew, but Barboza also trains with Edgar and is helping him prep for Aldo. That might be treason in Amazonia.

It has nothing to do with it.
He was booed because he didn't speak Portuguese.

at the weigh ins he didn't speak at all.

that was the legitimate reason; i mean, him being from rio.

Hahahhahahahaha people from Sao Paulo hating on Barboza

Jeez, thats so pitiful. Makes me feel stupid for being brazillian

There's something I'm confused about. Edson Barboza represents Brazil but he seems to be getting no love from the Brazilian crowd, he got boo'd last night at the weigh-in and he got boo'd tonight, is there a reason for this?

Yeah. he's fighting another Brazilian guy. I'm assuming the majority of the crowd got behind Martins.

Also Martins looked like he had no penis, I mean it was just flat there. Barboza had a visible protrusion. Maybe there was a no-penis bias.

Thanks for sussing out the wiener situation for me, thought it may have been a penis envy thing.

It has nothing to do with it.
He was booed because he didn't speak Portuguese.

The guy has a solid argument of why he was booed at the weigh ins, right after finish and during the post-fight speech. Your bad argument would only explain the post-fight speech. This makes your response look quite dumb.

Seemed they were booing cause he chose to answer the questions in english. Doesn't explain the weigh ins but I didn't watch em so couldn't answer that part for ya.

that's what i thought, also...

Back