Edgar vs Holloway, or Edgar vs Stephens, Which do you prefer?

Edgar vs Stephens, that's to keep 2 contenders. If one of Holloway or Edgar loses, who will be next after them?

You always deal with that later. New contenders always emerge, especially with how infrequently Aldo fights.

With the way Holloway is developing, I'd love to see him contend for the belt soon, so I'd prefer to see him and Edgar take different paths to the title.

Put Max Holloway vs Stephens together.

Frankly I think Edgar should get a fun gimme fight and be put on the 194 card as a "back up". Something like the Faber fight, hell if Diego Sanchez wasn't booked to fight Lamas that would be perfect.

If the Aldo vs Connor fight doesn't end in a legitimate need for an immediate rematch then he should get the next shot. If Aldo vs McGregor does require an immediate rematch Frankie should be on that card against the winner of Holloway and the next Top Contender for Max. Olivera if he recovers for a rematch.

Perhaps Takanori Gomi

Last edited:
holloway over stephens 100%.

though fighting edgar probably not holloways best career choice

Holloway and Edgar. Don't see Stephens doing anything to Edgar.

I don't even know why Stephens is in the conversation. He has like an even UFC record and missed weight last time...

Holloway deserves a big fight like Edgar or Mendes.

Edgar vs Holloway. I love the idea of this fight.

Stephens doesn't deserve a big name fight until he can make weight at a prelim fight as a gate keeper.

Holloway should be fighting Edgar next want to see that. Mendes another option.

Edgar vs Stephens, that's to keep 2 contenders. If one of Holloway or Edgar loses, who will be next after them?

I can relate to the idea of avoiding a fight between Holloway and Edgar to keep both contenders, but in that case neither should be fighting Stephens. Stephens doesn't deserve the opportunity and chance to win a high level fight unless he can make weight in a prelim fight first.

I'm really happy that Frankie's not doing rematches anymore. Glad that he's ready to take on new blood. I see him getting another title shot. Might even win the title.

Back