Eddie Bravo's triangle?

jiujitzurero

White Belt
Reaction score
For those who are familiar with this...

Eddie's triangle setup(from pyramid, rubber, whatever etc):

1. It seems that Eddie's version as compared to the conventional triangle to have the hand trapped inside the guard beside the guy's neck instead of under the chin/throat area

2. He just seems to "cross" his legs as compared to the traditional triangle where in the knees/legs are angled to the northwest/northeast(depending on which side you are trapping).

For those who have tried and tested, do these 2 points make it any less effective in terms of choking power?

I think it's the alternate finish where you can't fully lock in the triangle that you're talking about. The tepee i think..

I've wondered about this too- eddie never seems to mention building the angle with your body to prevent the stack or slam and tighten the choke. In my experience, straight on triangles are very loose and easy to defend.
Get perpindicular!

I've wondered about this too- eddie never seems to mention building the angle with your body to prevent the stack or slam and tighten the choke. In my experience, straight on triangles are very loose and easy to defend.
Get perpindicular!

he seems to just go "f*ck the triangle, time for the tepee" when this fails...

if anyone else can shed some light into this it would be much appreciated.

I think he calls that the "Teepee". It's a variation I think he uses on bigger guys that he can't fully lock it down on.

I think he calls that the "Teepee". It's a variation I think he uses on bigger guys that he can't fully lock it down on.

Back