Eddie Bravo vs Parrumphinha - Green Whale Interview

Green Whale

Green Belt
Reaction score
http://greenwhaleproductions.com/parrumpinha.html

Parrumpinha (American Top Team) has beaten some of the worlds best, and he is the only man to pass Leo Vieras guard in competition. We did an interview with him just a week away from his no gi grappling match against Eddie Bravo on November 12th. Enjoy and thanks...

Eddie is fighting in a gi match? That is surprising.

Guy has great credentials. Should be a good match. I thought Bravo was hurt, though.

Interesting that he trains with gi until 4 weeks before the actual match. I'd be training no gi all day and all night if I knew I was going into a no gi competition.

Sounds like this could be a great fight. Good luck to both men

i heard roger gracie does the same and only trained no-gi a month before ADCC 2005

Moving Shadow said:
i heard roger gracie does the same and only trained no-gi a month before ADCC 2005

Yeah that's true. Leozinho only sheds the gi two weeks before competition!!

I hope eddie loses.. not because i dont like him.. But because i love the gi:)

http://greenwhaleproductions.com/parrumpinha.html

So this guy marcos parrumphina da matta is going to be grappling eddie bravo in a no gi match on nov 12. His qualifications are below.

Marcos "Parrumpinha": My resume is:
1996 BJJ World Champion
1999 BJJ Panamerican Runner-up (Miami, FL) - Losing to Royler in a close match
2000 BJJ World Championship Runner-up
2000 BJJ Brazilian National Champion
7X NAGA Superfight Champion - wins over Baret Yoshida, Allan Teo, Jared Winner, John Stutzman, Mike Cardoso
FL ADCC SWO Superfight Champion - Broke ADCC score record 44X0 over
2003 ADCC Japan Qualifier winner
2005 ADCC Competitor

wow, only person to ever score a guard pass against leo viera

Uh oh, it seems like eddie has some tough competition. Neither of them are awesome wrestlers, but marcos says he specializes in passing guards... sounds exciting.

I just bought Eddie Bravo's Jiu Jitsu Unleashed book and started to read it today. GO EDDIE!

Moving Shadow said:

it was actually a little over 2 months.

I met Parrumpinha before i movd back to ny he opened a gym like 5 minutes from my house I was so f$%ken piised off when I saw it, but I went to meet him, the guy is unbeliveably nice, I have never met a nicer person and so kool too. His gym is realtively cheap to train in considering his reputation. When I go back to WPB, Fl in a year I plan on training there hopefully

Back