Eddie Bravo - Old School

b0b

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What sweep is this from the half guard?

I bought your book, and have a question:

When the Old School fails, you execute Plan B. How do you recommend blocking the person's arm from posting when you do Plan B? At the start of this sweep I still have an underhook on that side from attempting Old School, and am not sure how best to block the arm from there.

Thanks for your help, and excellent book.

Eddie Bravo said:
it's a half guard sweep. it's in my book.

Just checked, it is a good price, Ill go pick it up.

How's that for nice. You ask a question about a sweep and the author of the book answers personally.

Eddie Bravo said:
it's a half guard sweep. it's in my book.

Your the man, adopt me & make me a BJJ phenom. I'm 18, handsome & considerate around the house.

Foppa21 said:
How's that for nice. You ask a question about a sweep and the author of the book answers personally.

That is cool. I may make a thread asking if Angelina Jolie will sleep with me. Even if she says no, it'll be cool we spoke.

Bravo is just about the only semi-famous person who posts here. Baroni comes on every now and then.

Eddie Rules. He has a thread in mma discussion about how fighters need to be more active with their guard. Check it out!

old school is the basic half guard sweep......

eddie..... do you think that your sweeps/techniques can be used with the gi or are all of the strictly no gi

Eddie Bravo if you read this, I just want to say thanx
your documentary dvd "The Smoking Machine" & your book
"Jiu-jitsu Unleashed" has helped my understanding of BJJ
by a mile stone, I train BJJ at a Machado's place,
love no-gi Jiu-jitsu as well, best of wishes to you.

b0b said:
Bravo is just about the only semi-famous person who posts here. Baroni comes on every now and then.

Yeah but bravo is considerate and talented..

def not the words i would use to describe Baroni.

hey man, you should feel lucky that Baroni posts here at all.
Any pro should be welcome just for their experience and perspective they have to offer.

"When the Old School fails, you execute Plan B. How do you recommend blocking the person's arm from posting when you do Plan B? At the start of this sweep I still have an underhook on that side from attempting Old School, and am not sure how best to block the arm from there."

If you get enough elevation from shot putting the inside of you opponent's left thigh up in the air with your right hand, he should have a hard time posting his right hand on the mat. You can do 2 things with your left underhook, pull on his left hip or pinch your left elbow tight to your ribs, trapping his posting right hand, which should be a wizzar at the time.

Covaliu said:
I bought your book, and have a question:

When the Old School fails, you execute Plan B. How do you recommend blocking the person's arm from posting when you do Plan B? At the start of this sweep I still have an underhook on that side from attempting Old School, and am not sure how best to block the arm from there.

Thanks for your help, and excellent book.

i was working on this the other night, and i had hte same problem. that underhook didnt help me block his hand at all

ahh okay so from what im understanding, he's gotta have the wizzer on you beforehand so you can trap his arm

scorcho said:
Eddie Rules. He has a thread in mma discussion about how fighters need to be more active with their guard. Check it out!

He's right about that.

Too many JJ guys are getting owned because they're not finishing anyone from their backs, and they're terribly outmatched in standup, and often takedowns too (against wrestlers); you wouldn't see a Gracie sleeping in his guard, I'll give them that.

Gsoares2 said:
Yeah but bravo is considerate and talented..

def not the words i would use to describe Baroni.

G, let's not jack the thread. Eddie's talking, after all.

Back